Resident Data Scientist
Palo Alto /
Engineering – Machine Perception /
Ambient.ai is a stealth AI company headquartered in Palo Alto on a mission to enable intelligent environments that are safe, efficient and sustainable. Our breakthrough technology combines cutting-edge deep learning with a contextual knowledge model to achieve human-like perception ability. Ambient's flagship product has been deployed by multiple Fortune 100 companies to solve a mission-critical problem in a way that has never been possible.
The company was founded in 2017 by experts in artificial intelligence from Stanford University who previously built iconic products at Apple, Google, Microsoft and Dropbox. We are a Series-B company backed by Andreessen Horowitz (a16z), SV Angel, YCombinator, and visionary angels like Jyoti Bansal, Mark Leslie and Elad Gil.
Recently named on the YC Top Companies List 2021, and the Forbes Cloud 100 Rising Stars 2020, we’re achieving the impossible daily and we’d love to have you aboard this rocket ship. Join us!
As a Resident Data Scientist, you will take broad ownership of all things data at Ambient (and we have massive amounts of video and textual data). Your three primary responsibilities include: Managing the collection, storage and annotation of massive proprietary computer vision datasets; Identifying and measuring KPIs for the success of the product, and building systems and processes for ensuring data privacy and compliance. This is the first data science role at Ambient: we're looking for self-starters and ambitious people who thrive in a fast-paced environment. You will be a part of the Machine Perception team and collaborate closely with the Platform team.
- Build and manage the infrastructure for collecting, storing and annotating large volumes of video data.
- Develop strategy for building massive computer vision datasets, including setting the standards for minimizing bias and maximizing privacy.
- Coordinate a team of video data annotators to ensure quality and timely delivery.
- Own the continuous learning system at Ambient end-to-end: from field data acquisition to evaluation metrics.
- Deep dive into our rich data pool to discover new insights into both the performance of our machine learning models, and customer usage / engagement
- Build compelling internal and customer-facing dashboards to visualize and explain key insights and metrics.
- Build systems and processes to ensure data compliance and privacy.
- BS / MS degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics or a related quantitative field
- Strong background in analytics and statistics with 5+ years of experience in a data science or similar role
- Deep understanding of and experience with SQL, R, Python and / or other tools and languages to extract insights from massive amounts of data
- Familiarity with the Linux environment, especially the ability to use the shell effectively
- Ability to build tools to visualize, annotate and manage a large amount of video data
- Experience building dashboards and visualizing data for both internal and external stakeholders
- Strong project management skills
Our benefits include:
* Market-competitive salary plus equity
* Medical, dental, vision insurance
* Generous Paid Time Off
* Catered lunches (3 days/week) (Post-Covid)
* Fully stocked kitchen with snacks and drinks (Post-Covid)
* Employee referral bonus program
* Quarterly team off-sites
* Awesome coworkers and prime University Avenue office location
At Ambient.ai, we respect and admire the builders and the creators. Send us your most incredible project; we'd love to see.
Ambient.ai is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.