Applied Research Scientist, Computer Vision (Remote)
New York /
Engineering – Machine Perception /
Ambient.ai is a stealth AI company headquartered in Palo Alto on a mission to enable intelligent environments that are safe, efficient and sustainable. Our breakthrough technology combines cutting-edge deep learning with a contextual knowledge model to achieve human-like perception ability. Ambient's flagship product has been deployed by multiple Fortune 100 companies to solve a mission-critical problem in a way that has never been possible.
The company was founded in 2017 by experts in artificial intelligence from Stanford University who previously built iconic products at Apple, Google, Microsoft and Dropbox. We are a Series-B company backed by Andreessen Horowitz (a16z), SV Angel, YCombinator, and visionary angels like Jyoti Bansal, Mark Leslie and Elad Gil.
Recently named on the YC Top Companies List 2021, and the Forbes Cloud 100 Rising Stars 2020, we’re achieving the impossible daily and we’d love to have you aboard this rocket ship. Join us!
As an Applied Research Scientist (Computer Vision) on the Machine Perception team, you will take ownership of Ambient's deep learning infrastructure and computer vision pipelines. You’ll solve challenging research problems and realize novel ideas into products. The ideal candidate for this role would be fluent and up-to-date with Computer Vision research and obsesses about high-quality software engineering to realize research ideas.
- Implementing and training deep neural networks to solve a variety of computer vision problems, such as object detection, semantic scene segmentation, human pose estimation, etc.
- Pushing the state of the art on standard computer vision tasks with massive proprietary video data.
- Building and maintaining the infrastructure for training and deploying models, including massive data pipelines, experiment management platform, visualization tools, etc.
- Optimizing runtime efficiency of models for deployment.
- Complete ownership of data assets and annotation efforts.
- BS / MS / PhD in Computer Science / Mathematics or related field with at least 2 years of deep learning experience (computer vision) in academia or industry.
- Holistic understanding of deep learning concepts, state of the art in computer vision research and the mathematics of machine learning.
- Experience training a variety of popular deep learning architectures, such as Convolutional Neural Networks (CNNs), Recurrent Neural Networks (RNNs) etc.
- Proficiency in at least one of the popular computational and deep learning frameworks, such as TensorFlow, Caffe, Theano, etc.
- Proficiency in C/C++ and Python.
- Proven track record of high-quality engineering output (side projects, internships, research projects, full-time jobs etc.).
- The ability and the desire to work in the dynamic environment of an early-stage company.
Our benefits include:
* Market-competitive salary plus equity
* Medical, dental, vision insurance
* Generous Paid Time Off
* Catered lunches (3 days/week)
* Fully stocked kitchen with snacks and drinks
* Employee referral bonus program
* Quarterly team offsites
* Awesome coworkers and prime University Avenue office location
At Ambient.ai, we respect and admire the builders and the creators. Send us your most incredible project; we'd love to see.
Ambient.ai is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.