Software Engineer (Appliance)
Ambient.ai is a stealthy early-stage YC/a16z company founded by Stanford alumni with a mission to secure the planet through human-level visual intelligence. We're using cutting-edge deep learning to solve an incredibly important real-world problem. Our investors include YC (W17), Andreessen Horowitz (a16z), Stanford StartX, SV Angel, among others. We’re working with Fortune 100 companies and solving some of the most challenging computer vision problems. The founding team has expertise in deep learning, robotics and neuroscience, and previously shipped products at Google, Dropbox, Microsoft and Apple.
We're looking for a software engineer passionate about building real-time IoT devices for AI to join the founding engineering team at Ambient. Ideal candidate has an obsession for high-quality engineering, ability to learn new things quickly and the desire to solve challenging problems. You'll take ownership of Ambient's highly scalable enterprise grade appliance for running deep neural networks in the field.
- Massively scaling the video encoding / decoding infrastructure on the appliance with extreme constraints on resources.
- Designing and implementing appliance services for recording massive amounts of video data and bandwidth-efficient HD live streaming.
- Implementing the infrastructure for software packaging, deployment and OTA updates without service interruption / downtime.
- Building tools for monitoring the health and reliability of appliances deployed in the field.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or related field. (Previous experience not required but show us what you've built)
- Proficiency in systems programming (C/C++), especially multi-threading, concurrency, operating systems fundamentals such as CPU scheduling, memory management etc.
- Strong understanding of computer networks and related technologies, such as HTTP, WebSockets, bandwidth optimization etc.
- Strong desire to solve challenging problems, learn new things and wear many hats as part of an early stage company.
At Ambient, we respect and admire the builders and the creators. Send us your most incredible project; we'd love to see.