Senior Software Engineer (Appliance)
Engineering – Platform
Ambient.ai is a stealth AI company headquartered in Palo Alto on a mission to enable intelligent environments that are safe, efficient and sustainable. Our breakthrough technology combines cutting-edge deep learning with a contextual knowledge model to achieve human-like perception ability. Ambient's flagship product has been deployed by multiple Fortune 100 companies to solve a mission-critical problem in a way that has never been possible.
The company was founded in 2017 by experts in artificial intelligence from Stanford University who previously built iconic products at Apple, Google, Microsoft and Dropbox. We are a Series-A company backed by Andreessen Horowitz (a16z), SV Angel, YCombinator, and visionary angels like Jyoti Bansal, Mark Leslie and Elad Gil.
We're looking for a software engineer passionate about building real-time IoT devices for AI to join the founding engineering team at Ambient. Ideal candidate has an obsession for high-quality engineering, ability to learn new things quickly and the desire to solve challenging problems. You'll take ownership of Ambient's highly scalable enterprise grade appliance for running deep neural networks in the field.
- Massively scaling the video encoding / decoding infrastructure on the appliance with extreme constraints on resources.
- Designing and implementing appliance services for recording massive amounts of video data and bandwidth-efficient HD live streaming.
- Implementing the infrastructure for software packaging, deployment and OTA updates without service interruption / downtime.
- Building tools for monitoring the health and reliability of appliances deployed in the field.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or related field with a strong programming background.
- At least 3 years of experience shipping enterprise-grade software.
- Proficiency in systems programming (C/C++), especially multi-threading, concurrency, operating systems fundamentals such as CPU scheduling, memory management etc.
- Strong understanding of computer networks and related technologies, such as HTTP, WebSockets, bandwidth optimization etc.
- Strong desire to solve challenging problems, learn new things and wear many hats as part of an early stage company.
At Ambient.ai, we respect and admire the builders and the creators. Send us your most incredible project; we'd love to see.
Ambient.ai is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.