Software Engineer (Web Infrastructure)
Engineering – Platform Engineering
Ambient.ai is a stealth AI company headquartered in Palo Alto on a mission to enable intelligent environments that are safe, efficient and sustainable. Our breakthrough technology combines cutting-edge deep learning with a contextual knowledge model to achieve human-like perception ability. Ambient's flagship product has been deployed by multiple Fortune 100 companies to solve a mission-critical problem in a way that has never been possible.
The company was founded in 2017 by experts in artificial intelligence from Stanford University who previously built iconic products at Apple, Google, Microsoft and Dropbox. We are a Series-A company backed by Andreessen Horowitz (a16z), SV Angel, YCombinator, and visionary angels like Jyoti Bansal, Mark Leslie and Elad Gil.
As a Web Infrastructure Software Engineer at Ambient, you will build the cloud infrastructure that enables the enterprise-grade product experience for our customers. You will design and implement backend services for web clients, video streaming and massive data ingestion. The ideal candidate has an obsession for high-quality engineering, ability to learn new things quickly and the desire to solve challenging problems.
- Implementing REST APIs for all frontend clients and managing reverse proxy, micro-services, storage (RDS / ElasticSearch), real-time communication channels, pub-sub systems etc.
- Data infrastructure for collecting and managing large volumes of video data.
- Improving the performance, reliability and scalability of our systems.
- BS/MS in Computer Science or related field with strong programming experience.
- Deep expertise in REST APIs, general web backend design principles, relational databases (MySQL / Postgres)
- Strong experience with Unix like systems (bash scripting and tools)
- Ability to write clean, maintainable and efficient algorithms using proper data structures.
- Ability to design and implement complex systems including communication between several services (pub-sub paradigm, micro-services architecture etc)
- Ability to manage service reliability, including any DevOps work for uptime (AWS, Google Cloud etc)
At Ambient, we respect and admire the builders and the creators. Send us your most incredible project; we'd love to see.