Assistant Store Manager
Castle Rock, CO /
Castle Rock – Castle Rock Outlet /
The Assistant Store Manager ensures the store provides the highest level of customer service and delivers the vision of the brand. The Assistant Store Manager upholds our company’s mission and uses the store as a voice in the community through effective community engagement and marketing events. Our stores are seen as a catalyst for the brand to educate and inspire our customers in the marketplace. This position is responsible for achieving 90%+ scores in the mystery shopper program, exceeding budgeted sales & OPEX goals, monitoring expenses, and overseeing all sales and marketing aspects of the business.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily:
Leadership, Development, and Communication:
- Maintain an open and positive relationship with the Store Manager, Community Marketing Leader, and Sales Leader, Product Guides, as well as collaborate and partner with the operations team.
- Update Store Manager and staff on sales, KPI's, targets, and status of goals weekly.
- Be a collaborative, dependable, and respectful role model; communicate positively regarding retail management and company strategies.
- Ensure company/store policies and procedures are communicated in a timely manner and adhered to accordingly.
- Maintain positive attitude and morale by recognizing strong performance and service.
- Support the execution of new hire training, product knowledge, and selling tools. Support staff development by following the monthly training calendar.
- Oversee the development and execution of sell-in events, such as trade shows, dealer launches, and trade media events for ASA brands.
- Sales Programs: In collaboration with National Sales Managers and Marketing functions, lead the planning and execution of marketing elements for commercially driven Sales programs.
- Delegate daily tasks appropriately and effectively.
- Hire people who pursue core passions that relate to our products and culture.
- Inspire employees so that each person contributes to the productivity of the store.
- Review scheduling weekly to ensure staff levels appropriate for benchmark customer service.
- Set individual goals that align with the store and company objectives with each team member.
- In partnership with the Store Manager, evaluate all store employees through the performance review process and when necessary, discipline employees consistent with the company disciplinary policies and regularly follow up to ensure expectations are met.
- Maintain open and positive relations with all divisions of the company.
- Perform and more importantly, model all Product Guide duties when on the sales floor -- See Product Guide description for details.
- 85% of time spent on the sales floor leading / coaching customer and employee engagement.
- Provide accurate information and education to customers.
- Instill in team members the importance of customer service.
- Empower co-workers to use their best judgment in all customer service matters to quickly resolve and address any customer complaints.
- Promote, monitor, and follow up with the team on quality service through training and by acting as a positive role model.
- Promote a smooth consumer experience by utilizing our Ecomm channel as resource when products are not available in store.
- Ensure that the store is in compliance with all State and Federal laws, including wage and hour, human rights and equal employment opportunities.
- Maintain safe working conditions for employees and customers. Resolve safety concerns quickly.
- Ensure store security from internal and external theft and know proper apprehension and prosecution procedures for your state and per the company guidelines.
Other Job Functions:
- Perform additional duties as assigned by the Store Manager.
Minimum Job Qualifications:
- Associates Degree or equivalent work experience will be considered in lieu of a College Degree.
- 3+ years retail management experience.
- Demonstrated ability to build and motivate teams.
- Benchmark customer service and brand skills.
- Ability to give clear directions and set expectations for staff.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excel and Word proficient.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to communicate at all levels of the organization.
- Understanding of P&L statements and retail KPI analytics.
- Ability to train and delegate effectively.
- Problem solving ability.
- Ability to effectively work with and motivate the team.
- Cash handling experience.
- Amer Sports product use/knowledge.
- Montreal location requires French language skills.
Physical Demands & Working Environment:
- Ability to stand/walk for extended periods of time, necessary to provide sales floor coverage related to customer service and loss prevention.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Employee Conduct: It is the responsibility of every employee to contribute to a positive work environment through teamwork, cooperation, and professional interactions with co-workers, customers and vendors.