Senior Solutions Architect
Chicago, IL /
Chicago Headquarters – Business Development /
At Amount we have a thriving culture and possess a truly entrepreneurial spirit. We value innovation and individual voices, we are committed to active inclusion and diversity, and we support each other's growth. Most importantly, we’re always ready to hustle!
The Solutions Engineering team is responsible for assisting in pre-sales, solution development, integration, and post-sale handoffs to customer success. Reporting to the Head of Sales Operations, they are responsible for presenting Amount’s product offerings and systems architecture in the best light to partners with the goal of inducing confidence in Amounts technology and products. The end goals are to ensure Partners understand the comprehensiveness and capabilities of Amount’s offering as well as to remove all technical objections in the sales cycle. To accomplish this, the Solution Architect must have strong technical, product, and sales skills with the ability to solicit business requirements and effectively demonstrate the solutions that address those requirements to provide value to our Partners.
We are looking for a high energy individual who has a strong work ethic and the ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with internal departments (including legal, compliance, product, technology, customer success, and operations) as well as external partners. In this role, you will actively drive growth by helping prospects and existing partners better understand our products and progressing the relationship to signed term sheets.
What you will do at Amount:
- Assist the sales team in articulating and answering questions on platform integration options to C-Suite level executives as well as partner SMEs
- Assess client systems to help Amount provide the optimal solution for their needs
- Understand client products and infrastructure well enough to Design and implement successful, high value technology solutions for current and future partners
- Become the lead technical and product expert for pre-contract sales calls with prospects
- Lead pre-contract discovery sessions to better understand the customers complex business problems and their tech ecosystem
- Respond to prospect specific inquiries around implementation, technical configuration, security and/or data integration
- Possess strong consulting skills including an ability to provide strategic recommendations that provide business value to clients pre and post implementation
- Work in tandem with the Business Development Team, Product and Professional Services to create a comprehensive list of configurable and customizable components for the current and future products
- Coordinate with legal teams in drafting and negotiating contracts and SLA’s
- Respond to RFPs/RFIs
- Perform detailed analysis of technical requirements and seamlessly transition requirements to the implementation team
- Build and maintain relationships with Partner technology leadership
- Update prospect information in Salesforce
- Run point on other ad hoc projects as needed
Why you are a fit for Amount:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years of solutions engineering, solutions design, solutions architecture and/or systems architecture
- 1-3 years of software engineering, product management, banking industry, consulting, sales or analytical related role
- 1 year of experience in software engineering or comparable role
- A background in cloud based service offerings, AWS preferred.
- Business development, sales and/or banking experience is a plus
- Ability to handle and execute on complex projects in a fast-paced environment with minimum supervision and successfully meet established deadlines
- Problem-solving and analytical skills
- Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- An inquisitive mindset and an openness to do things differently and more efficiently
- Experience with Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel
- Willingness to travel up to 25%
Amount delivers the technology that financial institutions need to build and enhance the digital experience.
Built by digital lending industry veterans, Amount helps partners go digital in months—not years. Amount empowers multi-product omnichannel retail banking experiences and a robust point-of-sale financing suite underpinned by core platform features including fraud prevention, verification, decisioning engines and account management.
Amount partners can optimize performance across product categories by tapping into various service offerings including customer acquisition, funnel and performance assessments, and risk analytics.
Optimistic: We believe technology has the power to improve the financial lives of everyone.
Teamwork: We make the best technology work for our clients by working together.
Risk Aware: We understand the impacts of each and every decision we make in our high risk industry.
Integrity: We work honestly and undivided in our commitment to make more possible.
Eager: We are self-starters, fully engaged and committed to pushing great ideas forward quickly and responsibly.
Respectful: We honor diversity, value inclusion, and create an environment of belonging for people of all backgrounds.
Committed: We are dedicated to the highest standard for our partners, their customers, and our people.
Curious: We seek to understand the core of each problem, enabling us to find the right solution.
Benefits and Perks:
In light of COVID-19, we have transitioned to working fully remote, within the United States, temporarily. We will continue to work remote in accordance with the CDC and local health authorities' recommendations. Please consider that this position will not be remote long-term and our expectation is that this individual will join us in our Chicago or LA office when it is safe to do so. Note: International work is not permitted at this time.
Enjoy each other's company over virtual happy hours, yoga and meditation sessions, lunch and learns, team demo days, game nights, and more!
Take the time you need when you need it through our Flexible PTO policy.
Save $$ on taxes by using our commuter and transit benefits! We also have a bike storage room available onsite.
Take advantage of our comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision coverage, 401(k), parental leave, HSA match, and an Employee Assistance Program.
Interested in having a stake in Amount? We offer a meaningful equity program.
Have a pet? Then, we're paws-itively certain you're going to love our My Pet Protection plans.
Short-term disability, long-term disability, and life insurance are options too!