Sr. Business Intelligence Associate
Chicago Headquarters – Data
Take your career to new heights working with an amazing company doing next level work in the FinTech industry.
Since 2012, Avant has connected customers to over $5 billion through 800,000 transactions and counting. In 2015, Avant leveraged our expertise and developed Amount as a new solution for banks who wanted to go digital in months instead of years. As an industry-leading technology company, Amount has grown rapidly with customers who collectively manage close to $1T in US assets and are servicing more than 25 million customers. To better align each company for future success Amount and Avant have made the decision to separate, becoming independently operating companies in order to focus each on their long term growth and goals.
Come join an organization with visionary leadership and FinTech disruptors as we continue to reinvent and innovate the consumer lending industry with groundbreaking and savvy solutions!
Amount is looking for a Senior Business Intelligence Associate to join the team in Chicago. As a Senior Business Intelligence Associate, you will be responsible for building industry leading business intelligence solutions sourcing data produced from our enterprise applications and ETL processes. We are looking for someone with strong technical, analytical, and organizational capabilities who is just as comfortable exploring data sets in SQL as they are interacting with business leaders to define key metrics. A successful Business Intelligence Associate will develop a thorough understanding of our data infrastructure and work with internal and external business partners to design, develop and document analytics solutions that turn data into critical information and knowledge that the business can use to make sound decisions.
What you do at Amount
- Develop industry leading visualization-focused deliverables via a collection of business intelligence and web development tools
- Lead analysis, architecture, design and development of cloud based business intelligence solutions
- Contribute to or lead the estimating and planning of projects using industry leading agile project management methodologies and tools
- Develop and implement effective testing strategies
- Identify issues, diagnose root causes, and solve problems through independent thinking and collaborating with clients and teams
- Collaborating with our Data Services and Data Management teams to ensure that all Amount partners have the information necessary to make data-driven decisions
Why you are a fit for Avant:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science or a related discipline or equivalent work
- 5+ years’ experience in data management or analysis
- 3+ years’ experience with advanced SQL proficiency
- 3+ years’ experience working with a Business Intelligence tool (Tableau, Power BI, Qlik, Looker, or equivalent)
- Strong knowledge of Business Intelligence development methodologies, dimensional modeling, standards and procedures.
- Skilled problem solver and proven passion for data and analytics
- Solid aptitude for learning new technologies and analytics techniques
- Experience working with large data sets
- Experience working with relational databases
- Experience working in a Hadoop Environment
- Familiarity with programming languages such as Python, Ruby, R, etc.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Must be a self-starter and able to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills
Why Amount is a fit for you:
- We have a thriving culture and possess an entrepreneurial spirit
- We value, support, and help each other grow
- We are ready to hustle and get sh!t done
- We are committed to active inclusion and diversity
- We offer the flexibility needed to thrive in a new and growing company
Benefits and Perks:
- Take the time you need when you need it through our Flexible PTO policy.
- Looking for parental leave? We offer 10 weeks of paid parental leave.
- Enjoy a lunch subsidy, healthy snacks, and our Coca-Cola Freestyle machine!
- We offer medical, dental, and vision benefits plus an Employee Assistance Program.
- Short-term disability, long-term disability, and life insurance are options too.
- Commuter benefits and 401k are also part of the package!