Product Designer (UX/UI)
Chicago Headquarters – Product Strategy
Take your career to new heights working with an amazing company doing next level work in the FinTech industry.
Since 2012, Avant has connected customers to over $5 billion through 800,000 transactions and counting. In 2015, Avant leveraged our expertise and developed Amount as a new solution for banks who wanted to go digital in months instead of years. As an industry-leading technology company, Amount has grown rapidly with customers who collectively manage close to $1T in US assets and are servicing more than 25 million customers. To better align each company for future success Amount and Avant have made the decision to separate, becoming independently operating companies in order to focus each on their long term growth and goals.
Come join an organization with visionary leadership and FinTech disruptors as we continue to reinvent and innovate the consumer lending industry with groundbreaking and savvy solutions!
Amount is looking for a Product Designer to join our rapidly growing design team. The Product Designer will partner with other members of the Design team to define best-in-class experiences across our expanding product suite, nurture the craft and process among the team, and strategize with Product and Engineering leaders to develop and deliver an ambitious roadmap.
The Product Designer will collaborate with a small team and work with product owners to define the cross-channel, cross-platform customer experience for our products. This person will use user research, design strategy and human-centered design methods to craft multi-channel customer journeys that are intuitive, delightful, and meet the business needs of our bank partners.
The Amount Design and Content team is a group of designers and copywriters that work together as a shared service across the organization. Our team of 5 currently includes 2 product designers, 1 visual designer, 1 copywriter, and a Head of Design. The team is divided into 2 collaborative focus areas, Brand Design and Product Design. This role would be within the Product Design group.
- Execute on strategic initiatives that cut across multiple dives, channels, and environments
- Leverage design thinking, human-centered design practices, and user research to build the creation of complex internal tools and partnership management software
- Aid in the creation of user flows for customer experiences, conceptual prototypes for business development, and designs for partner bank experiences
- Conduct user research such as usability testing and user interviews
- Contribute to drive greater visibility of the design team and the impact of their work across the organization
- You have at least 2+ years of experience working in product design
- Experience with B2B software or applications with multiple user touch-points on different platforms and devices
- A portfolio that effectively showcases strengths in strategy, communication, and delivery across high impact product initiatives
- You know how to ask the right questions to unblock design work
- You work quickly and are always looking for ways to speed up your design workflow
- Your visual design work has a high-level of respect for detail, craft, and design fundamentals
- Preferably, you have some understanding of HTML and CSS
- You’re willing to use and improve Sketch, Illustrator, and Photoshop skills
- You have strong communication skills and are excited about being an advocate for design and design thinking
Why Amount is a fit for you:
- We have a thriving culture and possess an entrepreneurial spirit
- We value, support, and help each other grow
- We are ready to hustle and get sh!t done
- We are committed to active inclusion and diversity
- We offer the flexibility needed to thrive in a new and growing company
Benefits and Perks:
- Take the time you need when you need it through our Flexible PTO policy.
- Looking for parental leave? We offer 6 weeks of paid parental leave.
- Enjoy a lunch subsidy, healthy snacks, and our Coca-Cola Freestyle machine!
- We offer medical, dental, and vision benefits plus an Employee Assistance Program.
- Short-term disability, long-term disability, and life insurance are options too.
- Commuter benefits and 401k are also part of the package!