Site Reliability Engineer
Chicago, IL /
Chicago Headquarters – Technology Operations /
Take your career to new heights working with an amazing company doing next level work in the FinTech industry. At Amount we have a thriving culture and possess a truly entrepreneurial spirit. We value innovation and individual voices, we are committed to active inclusion and diversity, and we support each other's growth. Most importantly, we’re always ready to hustle!
Amount is a technology company focused on accelerating the world’s transition to digital financial services. We create technology experiences that help financial institutions better understand their customers while enabling them to live their best financial lives. We aim to make it easier for financial institutions to provide greater access and smarter tools, so everyone has the opportunity to tackle the financial challenges they face. Our technology is shaping the future of financial services by enabling our partners to better understand and serve their customers, and we are looking for talented team members to join us on the journey.
Amount is seeking a Site Reliability Engineer. At Amount we strive to build reliable and easy to use systems. We believe in measuring all aspects of our applications and infrastructure. Our focus on automation and process improvement enables us to accomplish innovative, scalable and reliable systems. We value constant self-improvement, honest feedback, clear communication and empathy for the users of our services.
If you’re ready to thrive in a fast-paced environment, come join an organization with visionary leadership and FinTech disruptors. With your help, we will continue to reinvent banking by helping our Amount platform partners innovate and digitize their banking products and services!
What you do at Amount
- Prepare applications to work on Docker, Kubernetes, and other hosted systems
- Assist development teams with moving applications through all levels of SDLC
- Ensure application health and resiliency
- Educate and evangelize software systems knowledge across engineering teams
- Manage cloud resources
- Build scalable and reliable software systems
Why you are a fit for Amount
- 2+ years of relevant professional experience
- Bachelor's degree in a field such as Computer Science, Information Systems, or another related degree
- Intermediate level programming experience. We use a mix of python, golang, ruby and bash
- Basic level experience with infrastructure as code. Terraform, packer and ansible are our tools of choice
- Intermediate Linux operating systems and containerization. We use Docker and Kubernetes
- Basic knowledge of networking resources - VPN, DNS, TLS/SSL
- Experience supporting production web applications
- Have worked with monitoring systems such as Sumologic, Datadog, and Prometheus
- Knowledge of development tool creation and application architecture design.
Optimistic: We believe technology has the power to improve the financial lives of everyone.
Teamwork: We make the best technology work for our clients by working together.
Risk Aware: We understand the impacts of each and every decision we make in our high risk industry.
Integrity: We work honestly and undivided in our commitment to make more possible.
Eager: We are self-starters, fully engaged and committed to pushing great ideas forward quickly and responsibly.
Respectful: We honor diversity, value inclusion, and create an environment of belonging for people of all backgrounds.
Committed: We are dedicated to the highest standard for our partners, their customers, and our people.
Curious: We seek to understand the core of each problem, enabling us to find the right solution.
Benefits and Perks:
-Take the time you need when you need it through our Flexible PTO with open vacation policy.
-Enjoy a daily lunch subsidy through our Fooda partnership, and healthy snacks!
-We also offer monthly treats, wine and beer on tap, and more!
-Some days it can be difficult to commute into the office, we are happy to offer work from home flexibility with sign off from your manager.
-Stay active by taking advantage of our onsite gym membership.
-We offer medical, dental, and vision - we also have an Employee Assistance Program and commuter benefits.
-We are proud to offer meaningful equity and a competitive 401k plan.
-Short-term disability, long-term disability, and life insurance are options too!