Accounts Payable/Accounts Receivable Manager
Chicago Headquarters – Finance
Take your career to new heights working with an amazing company doing next level work in the FinTech industry.
Since 2012, Avant has connected customers to over $5 billion through 800,000 transactions and counting. In 2015, Avant leveraged our expertise and developed Amount as a new solution for banks who wanted to go digital in months instead of years. As an industry-leading technology company, Amount has grown rapidly with customers who collectively manage close to $1T in US assets and are servicing more than 25 million customers. To better align each company for future success Amount and Avant have made the decision to separate, becoming independently operating companies in order to focus each on their long term growth and goals.
Come join an organization with visionary leadership and FinTech disruptors as we continue to reinvent and innovate the consumer lending industry with groundbreaking and savvy solutions!
Amount is looking for an AP/AR Associate to manage the entire accounts payable and receivable process including new vendor set up, invoice processing & payment, month end close within AP, and etc. Responsibilities included but not limited to:
- Manage customer invoicing and collection of AR
- Ensure all vendors are paid per contract terms and inquiries are responded to in a timely manner
- Ensure all customers are invoiced based on contract terms
- Establish standard operating procedures and controls to improve efficiency of the AR/AP team and expedite workflow
- Work with department heads to ensure all invoices are properly approved
- Manage application of customer payments
What you might own at Amount:
- Maintain paperless AP filing system
- Work closely with the company’s accounting and finance function to manage and track spending
- Manage the company’s employee expense reimbursement process
- Assist with duties to complete quarterly reviews and year-end financial statement audit
Why you are a fit for Amount:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance
- 4+ years accounts payable experience with at least 2 years of supervisory experience
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and effectively communicate with all staff levels
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- NetSuite & Concur experience a plus
- Proven strong computer skills
- Dependable, organized, motivated and trustworthy
Why Amount is a fit for you:
- We have a thriving culture and possess an entrepreneurial spirit
- We value, support, and help each other grow
- We are ready to hustle and get sh!t done
- We are committed to active inclusion and diversity
- We offer the flexibility needed to thrive in a new and growing company
Benefits and Perks:
- Take the time you need when you need it through our Flexible PTO policy.
- Looking for parental leave? We offer 6 weeks of paid parental leave.
- Enjoy a lunch subsidy, healthy snacks, and our Coca-Cola Freestyle machine!
- We offer medical, dental, and vision benefits plus an Employee Assistance Program.
- Short-term disability, long-term disability, and life insurance are options too.
- Commuter benefits and 401k are also part of the package!