Platform Software Engineer
Chicago Headquarters – Technology Operations
Take your career to new heights working with an amazing company doing next level work in the FinTech industry.
Since 2012, Avant has connected customers to over $5 billion through 800,000 transactions and counting. In 2015, Avant leveraged our expertise and developed Amount as a new solution for banks who wanted to go digital in months instead of years. As an industry-leading technology company, Amount has grown rapidly with customers who collectively manage close to $1T in US assets and are servicing more than 25 million customers. To better align each company for future success Amount and Avant have made the decision to separate, becoming independently operating companies in order to focus each on their long term growth and goals.
Come join an organization with visionary leadership and FinTech disruptors as we continue to reinvent and innovate the consumer lending industry with groundbreaking and savvy solutions!
Let’s get to business. Amount is looking for a new Software Engineer to join the Platform Engineering team. You will be responsible for designing large-scale systems and ensuring that they work efficiently and reliably. Your day to day will include creating and managing clusters with Docker and AWS, mitigating security risks at the system and application level and working with product teams to drive a unified API layer across their different technologies. You also will provide ideas on high-level architectural designs and turn those ideas into real and efficient implementations. You must be quality-oriented and have good teamwork skills in order to help the Platform Engineering support the larger Engineering Organization.
- Software development experience in Python or Ruby using a major web framework such as Rails, Django, or Sinatra
- Professional experience using and administrating systems with Docker and AWS
- Experience with different strategies for testing a system (acceptance, integration, unit) and with techniques like TDD
- Basic understanding of UNIX architecture and administration
- Strong knowledge of computer science fundamentals and coding/testing best practices
- Professional experience with relational databases such as PostgreSQL
- Professional experience working at scale with significant traffic
- Knowledge of development tool creation and application architecture design
Why Amount is a fit for you:
- We have a thriving culture and possess an entrepreneurial spirit
- We value, support, and help each other grow
- We are ready to hustle and get sh!t done
- We are committed to active inclusion and diversity
- We offer the flexibility needed to thrive in a new and growing company
Benefits and Perks:
- Take the time you need when you need it through our Flexible PTO policy.
- Looking for parental leave? We offer 6 weeks of paid parental leave.
- Enjoy a lunch subsidy, healthy snacks, and our Coca-Cola Freestyle machine!
- We offer medical, dental, and vision benefits plus an Employee Assistance Program.
- Short-term disability, long-term disability, and life insurance are options too.
- Commuter benefits and 401k are also part of the package!