Sr. Product Manager - Partner Interfaces
Chicago, IL /
Chicago Headquarters – Product Strategy /
At Amount we have a thriving culture and possess a truly entrepreneurial spirit. We value innovation and individual voices, we are committed to active inclusion and diversity, and we support each other's growth. Most importantly, we’re always ready to hustle!
In your role as a Senior Product Manager, you will be responsible for research, development, and implementation of new products and features for our B2B software. You’ll work closely with Amount’s leadership team, Business Development, Customer Success, Design, Engineering and our external Partners (aka clients) to create project plans for new product features. You will keep all stakeholders in-the-know while the product/feature is being built. Once your product is ready for launch, you will ensure a successful external rollout for Partners and internal rollout for our technical squads.
You’ll take a data-driven approach to helping us evaluate all the ideas we have for new features and improvements to existing products. You’ll manage the roadmap for your technical squads so you’ll be comfortable evaluating tradeoffs between projects and working with executives to allocate your resources to the projects you’ve prioritized. You’re the type of person that works well with others and isn’t afraid to advocate for the importance of your project if it isn’t initially resourced the way you think it needs to be.
You’re able to speak confidently about data and technical requirements but you also have the patience to make sure non-technical stakeholders are actively involved in decision-making. You’re really good at gathering feedback from stakeholders (including our clients) and even better at communicating your plan to everyone (especially non-technical stakeholders and clients). If a Partner makes a request for a feature that you don’t think is a good idea, you’re good at figuring out the underlying pain point and thinking of a different way to address it that still makes the Partner feel taken care of.
If you’re ready to thrive in a fast-paced environment and take on a leadership role, come join us as we work to reinvent banking by helping our partners digitize their banking products using Amount’s platform!
What You'll Work On
- Manage the design and delivery of products for our B2B product suite
- Help define success metrics and manage your own set of KPIs critical to the product platform’s success
- Manage junior product managers
- Work cross-functionally (design, engineering, techops) to ensure all functions are aligned to a product vision that is represented by the product roadmap
- Collaborate with customer success and business development functions to ensure the voice of the client is being represented in the product vision
- Meet regularly with our Partners to iron out high-level requirements then work with your PMs and with Design to perfect the UI / UX for new features
- Write high-level technical project requirements and work with your technical stakeholders to identify project risks and estimate level of effort (e.g. create a gantt chart and document project milestones)
Who You Are
- Must haves:
- An inquisitive mindset and an openness to do things differently and more efficiently
- Self-confidence, good judgment and the ability to make sound decisions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Prior experience in a product management role
- Highly analytical and organized, detail-oriented, knack for problem-solving, and strong project management skills.
- Management experience
- Nice to haves:
- Ideally 5 - 7 years of experience and a STEM or business degree (i.e. MBA)
- Prior experience working with technology platforms
- Experience with SQL / Looker and Lucidchart
- Experience with Jira, Github, and other Agile software management tools
Amount delivers the technology that financial institutions need to build and enhance the digital experience.
Built by digital lending industry veterans, Amount helps partners go digital in months—not years. Amount empowers multi-product omnichannel retail banking experiences and a robust point-of-sale financing suite underpinned by core platform features including fraud prevention, verification, decisioning engines and account management.
Amount partners can optimize performance across product categories by tapping into various service offerings including customer acquisition, funnel and performance assessments, and risk analytics.
Optimistic: We believe technology has the power to improve the financial lives of everyone.
Teamwork: We make the best technology work for our clients by working together.
Risk Aware: We understand the impacts of each and every decision we make in our high risk industry.
Integrity: We work honestly and undivided in our commitment to make more possible.
Eager: We are self-starters, fully engaged and committed to pushing great ideas forward quickly and responsibly.
Respectful: We honor diversity, value inclusion, and create an environment of belonging for people of all backgrounds.
Committed: We are dedicated to the highest standard for our partners, their customers, and our people.
Curious: We seek to understand the core of each problem, enabling us to find the right solution.
Benefits and Perks:
In light of COVID-19, we have transitioned to working fully remote, within the United States, temporarily. We will continue to work remote in accordance with the CDC and local health authorities' recommendations. Please consider that this position will not be remote long-term and our expectation is that this individual will join us in our Chicago or LA office when it is safe to do so. Note: International work is not permitted at this time.
Enjoy each other's company over virtual happy hours, yoga and meditation sessions, lunch and learns, team demo days, game nights, and more!
Take the time you need when you need it through our Flexible PTO policy.
Save $$ on taxes by using our commuter and transit benefits! We also have a bike storage room available onsite.
Take advantage of our comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision coverage, 401(k), parental leave, HSA match, and an Employee Assistance Program.
Interested in having a stake in Amount? We offer a meaningful equity program.
Have a pet? Then, we're paws-itively certain you're going to love our My Pet Protection plans.
Short-term disability, long-term disability, and life insurance are options too!