Senior Data Analyst, Operational Engineering
Chicago, IL /
Operations – Data Services /
At Amount we have a thriving culture and possess a truly entrepreneurial spirit. We value innovation and individual voices, we are committed to active inclusion and diversity, and we support each other's growth. Most importantly, we’re always ready to hustle!
If you’re ready to thrive in a fast-paced environment, come join an organization with visionary leadership and FinTech disruptors. With your help, we will continue to reinvent banking by helping our Amount platform partners innovate and digitize their banking products and services!
Learn more about our recent Series D Funding that happened in May! https://techcrunch.com/2021/05/17/amount-raises-99m-at-a-1b-valuation-to-help-banks-better-compete-with-fintechs/.
Amount is seeking an Operational Engineering Data Analyst for the second shift (7 PM - 3 AM). The right candidate for the role is comfortable working on the command line, potentially with some experience in data engineering and architecture. Core responsibilities include monitoring and maintaining the Amount data stack on the second shift.
Similar job titles: Data Analytics Engineer.
What you’ll work on:
- Master Amount’s ETL systems, and learn to run and troubleshoot all of our disparate ETL process: oversee monitors, read error logs and stack traces after broken runs, and provide triage when issues arise
- Support the delivery of data reports and files via Amount’s numerous delivery methods (API, SFTP, custom partner interface, Drop Zone, etc.)
- Develop and implement effective testing strategies
- Identify issues, diagnose root causes, and solve problems through independent thinking and conscientious collaboration with our Data Engineering Dev teams upstream and our Data Science teams downstream to ensure that all Amount partners have the information necessary to make data-driven decisions
- Aid in the development of improvements to Amount’s data architecture and file delivery mechanisms
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science, Data Engineering, or a related discipline or equivalent work
- Comfortable on the command line
- Comfortable working alone (with escalation support available)
- Desire to continue your education: you want to learn new languages; improve your knowledge of existing software and service options; and keep abreast of industry advances and best practices
- Experience with Bash a plus
- Experience in data engineering and pipeline management a plus
- Comfort with SQL and Python or a willingness to learn and master them
- Experience with Airflow or Amazon EMR a plus
- Excellent communication skills
Amount delivers the technology that financial institutions need to build and enhance the digital experience.
Built by digital lending industry veterans, Amount helps partners go digital in months—not years. Amount empowers multi-product omnichannel retail banking experiences and a robust point-of-sale financing suite underpinned by core platform features including fraud prevention, verification, decisioning engines and account management.
Amount partners can optimize performance across product categories by tapping into various service offerings including customer acquisition, funnel and performance assessments, and risk analytics.
Optimistic: We believe technology has the power to improve the financial lives of everyone.
Teamwork: We make the best technology work for our clients by working together.
Risk Aware: We understand the impacts of each and every decision we make in our high risk industry.
Integrity: We work honestly and undivided in our commitment to make more possible.
Eager: We are self-starters, fully engaged and committed to pushing great ideas forward quickly and responsibly.
Respectful: We honor diversity, value inclusion, and create an environment of belonging for people of all backgrounds.
Committed: We are dedicated to the highest standard for our partners, their customers, and our people.
Curious: We seek to understand the core of each problem, enabling us to find the right solution.
Benefits and Perks:
Enjoy each other's company over happy hours, yoga and meditation sessions, lunch and learns, team demo days, game nights, and more!
Take the time you need when you need it through our Flexible PTO policy.
Save $$ on taxes by using our commuter and transit benefits! We also have a bike storage room available onsite.
Take advantage of our comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision coverage, 401(k), parental leave, HSA match, and an Employee Assistance Program.
Interested in having a stake in Amount? We offer a meaningful equity program.
Have a pet? Then, we're paws-itively certain you're going to love our My Pet Protection plans.
Short-term disability, long-term disability, and life insurance are options too!