Visual Designer (Brand)
Chicago Headquarters – Product Strategy
Take your career to new heights working with an amazing company doing next level work in the FinTech industry.
Since 2012, Avant has connected customers to over $5 billion through 800,000 transactions and counting. In 2015, Avant leveraged our expertise and developed Amount as a new solution for banks who wanted to go digital in months instead of years. As an industry-leading technology company, Amount has grown rapidly with customers who collectively manage close to $1T in US assets and are servicing more than 25 million customers. To better align each company for future success Amount and Avant have made the decision to separate, becoming independently operating companies in order to focus each on their long term growth and goals.
Come join an organization with visionary leadership and FinTech disruptors as we continue to reinvent and innovate the consumer lending industry with groundbreaking and savvy solutions!
Amount is looking for a Visual Designer (Brand) to join our rapidly growing design team. The Visual Designer’s primary goals will be to craft high-quality sales enablement tools including visualizations, slide decks, print layouts, illustrations, and more. The designer will also help own the design of the marketing website, provide art direction to agencies (as needed), and create materials for event marketing. This role will require the designer to work with both clients and internal stakeholders to uncover business requirements and provide designs that meet a high-level of craft. Amount Design The Amount Design and Content team is a group of designers and copywriters that work together as a shared service across the organization. Our team of 5 currently includes 2 product designers, 1 visual designer, 1 copywriter, and a Head of Design. The team is divided into 2 collaborative focus areas, Brand Design and Product Design. This role would be within the Brand Design group.
- Create visualizations and slide decks with the business development team
- Own the Amount website site map and design
- Design layouts for white papers, sell sheets, and other print collateral
- Provide art direction for videos, animations, and photo shoots
- Come up with the visual identity for new products and teams
- Create swag designs that people love
- You have 4+ years of experience as a visual designer
- Storytelling skills. You are able to compellingly communicate a brand’s story and products to clients.
- Branding and marketing experience. You have worked across multiple platforms and brands to sell and deliver services and products.
- Visual design chops. You are an Adobe wizard (and Sketch, preferably) able to produce beautiful and effective visual assets.
- Experience with motion graphics, animation, and visual/audio production is a plus.
- Interested in adding value through design wherever possible. You are excited about working on UI, UX, and even user research projects, as necessary.
- Comfortable adapting to new products and processes. Because of the size of the team relative to the size of the company, no two days are the same.
Why Amount is a fit for you:
- We have a thriving culture and possess an entrepreneurial spirit
- We value, support, and help each other grow
- We are ready to hustle and get sh!t done
- We are committed to active inclusion and diversity
- We offer the flexibility needed to thrive in a new and growing company
Benefits and Perks:
- Take the time you need when you need it through our Flexible PTO policy.
- Looking for parental leave? We offer 6 weeks of paid parental leave.
- Enjoy a lunch subsidy, healthy snacks, and our Coca-Cola Freestyle machine!
- We offer medical, dental, and vision benefits plus an Employee Assistance Program.
- Short-term disability, long-term disability, and life insurance are options too.
- Commuter benefits and 401k are also part of the package!