Chicago Headquarters – Product Technology
Take your career to new heights working with an amazing company doing next level work in the FinTech industry.
Since 2012, Avant has connected customers to over $5 billion through 800,000 transactions and counting. In 2015, Avant leveraged our expertise and developed Amount as a new solution for banks who wanted to go digital in months instead of years. As an industry-leading technology company, Amount has grown rapidly with customers who collectively manage close to $1T in US assets and are servicing more than 25 million customers. To better align each company for future success Amount and Avant have made the decision to separate, becoming independently operating companies in order to focus each on their long term growth and goals.
Come join an organization with visionary leadership and FinTech disruptors as we continue to reinvent and innovate the consumer lending industry with groundbreaking and savvy solutions!
Amount is looking for a Technical QA Analyst to join the team in Chicago. This position plays a critical role supporting Amount’s platform offering across all financial partners. The primary responsibility is designing and conducting user acceptance tests for code updates. This includes monitoring software releases to identify changes that affect the platform, working with the developers and project manager to assess risk for each release, and designing and executing test scripts appropriate for the acceptance of the release.
What you do at Amount:
- Schedule the release of product deployments and participating in software QA through all stages of the development life-cycle
- Create, organize and execute test plans for platform changes
- Ensure that code projects are ready to be tested for release
- Work with the product team to evaluate the scope of release and write test scripts
- Develop expertise in the data model and become adept and using SQL to evaluate the behavior of the software platform
- Monitor the releases and alerts appropriate stakeholders of any errors or issues that emerge
- Document and communicate all changes for a release via release notes which are published internally
Why you are a fit for Amount:
- Bachelor's Degree
- Intermediate skill level in SQL, Python, or R
- Ability to identify the critical questions to ask to evaluate the success of a project
- Quantitative and problem-solving skills with attention to detail
- High level of inquisitiveness, initiative and critical thinking Proven ability to effectively communicate with all levels of staff and management
Why Amount is a fit for you:
- We have a thriving culture and possess an entrepreneurial spirit
- We value, support, and help each other grow
- We are ready to hustle and get sh!t done
- We are committed to active inclusion and diversity
- We offer the flexibility needed to thrive in a new and growing company
Benefits and Perks:
- Take the time you need when you need it through our Flexible PTO policy.
- Looking for parental leave? We offer 6 weeks of paid parental leave.
- Enjoy a lunch subsidy, healthy snacks, and our Coca-Cola Freestyle machine!
- We offer medical, dental, and vision benefits plus an Employee Assistance Program.
- Short-term disability, long-term disability, and life insurance are options too.
- Commuter benefits and 401k are also part of the package!