Technical Project Manager, Data
Chicago Headquarters – Product Technology
Take your career to new heights working with an amazing company doing next level work in the FinTech industry.
Since 2012, Avant has connected customers to over $5 billion through 800,000 transactions and counting. In 2015, Avant leveraged our expertise and developed Amount as a new solution for banks who wanted to go digital in months instead of years. As an industry-leading technology company, Amount has grown rapidly with customers who collectively manage close to $1T in US assets and are servicing more than 25 million customers. To better align each company for future success Amount and Avant have made the decision to separate, becoming independently operating companies in order to focus each on their long term growth and goals.
Come join an organization with visionary leadership and FinTech disruptors as we continue to reinvent and innovate the consumer lending industry with groundbreaking and savvy solutions!
As a Technical Project Analyst- Data, you will work with product, business, and technology teams throughout the company to define requirements and manage execution of large scale projects key to enabling Amount’s rapid growth.
What you do at Amount:
- Define scope for requests and translate to clear requirements for data team members to execute
- Create and manage project plans for large initiatives, providing communication on progress to stakeholders throughout the company
- Manage sprints and agile planning rituals for several teams within data
- Work with data team members to identify and clear roadblocks and mitigate risks
What you might own at Amount:
- Manage the intake of requests to the data team, defining request submission and requirements specification process
- Work with product and business team to define new data product feature and coordinate work needed to complete
- Multiple project roadmaps for large scale projects, with system for balancing various business priorities
- Implementation of agile processes within data teams
Why you are a fit for Amount:
- You have technical project management experience, especially around big data and analytics tools
- You have experience working with a variety of stakeholders
- You have experience owning or managing the execution of large scale projects
- You have experience coordinating work that spans multiple team
- You are comfortable facilitating large group discussionsExperience with SQL and Python
- Experience using a software management tool (like JIRA) a plus
- Scrum Master and/or Agile Coaching knowledge and/or experience a plus
Why Amount is a fit for you:
- We have a thriving culture and possess an entrepreneurial spirit
- We value, support, and help each other grow
- We are ready to hustle and get sh!t done
- We are committed to active inclusion and diversity
- We offer the flexibility needed to thrive in a new and growing company
Benefits and Perks:
- Take the time you need when you need it through our Flexible PTO policy.
- Looking for parental leave? We offer 6 weeks of paid parental leave.
- Enjoy a lunch subsidy, healthy snacks, and our Coca-Cola Freestyle machine!
- We offer medical, dental, and vision benefits plus an Employee Assistance Program.
- Short-term disability, long-term disability, and life insurance are options too.
- Commuter benefits and 401k are also part of the package!