Head of Product Design
Chicago, IL /
Chicago Headquarters – Product Strategy /
Take your career to new heights working with an amazing company doing next level work in the FinTech industry. At Amount we have a thriving culture and possess a truly entrepreneurial spirit. We value innovation and individual voices, we are committed to active inclusion and diversity, and we support each other's growth. Most importantly, we’re always ready to hustle!
Amount is a technology company focused on accelerating the world’s transition to digital financial services. We create technology experiences that help financial institutions better understand their customers while enabling them to live their best financial lives. We aim to make it easier for financial institutions to provide greater access and smarter tools, so everyone has the opportunity to tackle the financial challenges they face. Our technology is shaping the future of financial services by enabling our partners to better understand and serve their customers, and we are looking for talented team members to join us on the journey.
Amount is looking for a Head of Product Design to lead our Product Design team. The Head of Product Design will collaborate with a small team and work with product owners to define the cross-channel, cross-platform customer experience for our products. This person will use user research, design strategy and human-centered design methods to craft multi-channel customer journeys that are intuitive, delightful, and meet the business needs of our bank partners.
The Head of Product Design will help build and mentor our fast growing design team. You will be responsible for leading the Design team, defining best-in-class experiences across our expanding product suite, nurturing the craft and process among the team, and strategizing with Product and Engineering leaders to develop and deliver an ambitious roadmap.
What you'll do at Amount:
- Foster a strong product design culture. You will drive the design vision and strategy across the Amount Platform and partner with Product Management to create best in class customer experience for our current and expanding product suite.
- Organize and scale the team. You will ensure that our Product Design team is organized and staffed in a way that allows for us to meet our ambitious roadmap.
- Feedback and Iteration. You will lead design critique, design reviews, quarterly roadmap planning, quarterly business reviews and sprint planning.
- Build and Mentor. You will build your team and mentor existing members ensuring that we are building a goal oriented, high performing design team.
- Roll up your sleeves. You will take an active role in projects and help mentor our Designers as they execute on projects and initiatives.
- Partner and Innovate. You will be the primary voice of product design internally and externally articulating the Design teams vision and values. You will partner with Technology, Product, Sales and Marketing to enhance our product offering and evolve our Design assets.
Why you are a fit for Amount:
- 8+ Years of Design Experience and established record of building a design team in a fast-growing environment.
- 3+ Years of people management experience and can effectively grow and mentor a design team.
- A strong portfolio of work, showcasing UX and visual skills.
- Experience developing complex design systems for omni-channel digital products: including in person, mobile and web applications.
- Experience in fast paced, regulatory, product, and data driven environments.
Optimistic: We believe technology has the power to improve the financial lives of everyone.
Teamwork: We make the best technology work for our clients by working together.
Risk Aware: We understand the impacts of each and every decision we make in our high risk industry.
Integrity: We work honestly and undivided in our commitment to make more possible.
Eager: We are self-starters, fully engaged and committed to pushing great ideas forward quickly and responsibly.
Respectful: We honor diversity, value inclusion, and create an environment of belonging for people of all backgrounds.
Committed: We are dedicated to the highest standard for our partners, their customers, and our people.
Curious: We seek to understand the core of each problem, enabling us to find the right solution.
Benefits and Perks:
In light of COVID-19, we have transitioned to working fully remote temporarily. We will continue to work remote in accordance with the CDC and local health authorities' recommendations. Please consider that this position will not be remote long-term and our expectation is that this individual will join us in our Chicago office when it is safe to do so.
Enjoy each other's company over virtual happy hours, yoga and meditation sessions, lunch and learns, team demo days, game nights, and more!
Take the time you need when you need it through our Flexible PTO policy.
Save $$ on taxes by using our commuter and transit benefits! We also have a bike storage room available onsite.
Take advantage of our comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision coverage, 401(k), parental leave, HSA match, and an Employee Assistance Program.
Interested in having a stake in Amount? We offer a meaningful equity program.
Have a pet? Then, we're paws-itively certain you're going to love our My Pet Protection plans.
Short-term disability, long-term disability, and life insurance are options too!