Senior Software Engineer, DevOps
Chicago Headquarters – Technology Operations
Take your career to new heights working with an amazing company doing next level work in the FinTech industry.
Since 2012, Avant has connected customers to over $5 billion through 800,000 transactions and counting. In 2015, Avant leveraged our expertise and developed Amount as a new solution for banks who wanted to go digital in months instead of years. As an industry-leading technology company, Amount has grown rapidly with customers who collectively manage close to $1T in US assets and are servicing more than 25 million customers. To better align each company for future success Amount and Avant have made the decision to separate, becoming independently operating companies in order to focus each on their long term growth and goals.
Come join an organization with visionary leadership and FinTech disruptors as we continue to reinvent and innovate the consumer lending industry with groundbreaking and savvy solutions!
Amount is building an infrastructure platform and set of tools that enable creating, managing and delivering computing resources to the entire organization. All our infrastructure is in code and we believe in creating or using systems to enable autonomy and self-service for our engineering teams. We value constant self-improvement, honest feedback, clear communication and empathy for the users of our services.
What you do at Amount:
- Create infrastructure that enables rapid iteration across engineering teams
- Design and implement build, release, delivery, and deployment pipelines
- Manage cloud resources
- Ensure operational excellence of autonomous software systems
- Educate and evangelize software systems knowledge across engineering teams
Why you are a fit for Amount:
- 5+ years of relevant professional experience
- Extensive programming experience. We use a mix of python, golang and bash
- Experience with infrastructure as code. Terraform, packer and ansible are our tools of choice
- Deep understanding of Linux operating systems and containerization. We use Docker and Kubernetes
- Extended knowledge of cloud infrastructure. We run on AWS.
- Experience supporting production web applications
- Knowledgeable with N-Tier cluster technologies (nginx, haproxy, memcache, redis.)
- Knowledge of development tool creation and application architecture design.
- Experience with networking paradigms (not a must, but, nice to have)
Why Amount is a fit for you:
- We have a thriving culture and possess an entrepreneurial spirit
- We value, support, and help each other grow
- We are ready to hustle and get sh!t done
- We are committed to active inclusion and diversity
- We offer the flexibility needed to thrive in a new and growing company
Benefits and Perks:
- Take the time you need when you need it through our Flexible PTO policy.
- Looking for parental leave? We offer 6 weeks of paid parental leave.
- Enjoy a lunch subsidy, healthy snacks, and our Coca-Cola Freestyle machine!
- We offer medical, dental, and vision benefits plus an Employee Assistance Program.
- Short-term disability, long-term disability, and life insurance are options too.
- Commuter benefits and 401k are also part of the package!