Fraud Operations Manager
Chicago Headquarters – Fraud & Verifications
Take your career to new heights working with an amazing company doing next level work in the FinTech industry.
Since 2012, Avant has connected customers to over $5 billion through 800,000 transactions and counting. In 2015, Avant leveraged our expertise and developed Amount as a new solution for banks who wanted to go digital in months instead of years. As an industry-leading technology company, Amount has grown rapidly with customers who collectively manage close to $1T in US assets and are servicing more than 25 million customers. To better align each company for future success Amount and Avant have made the decision to separate, becoming independently operating companies in order to focus each on their long term growth and goals.
Come join an organization with visionary leadership and FinTech disruptors as we continue to reinvent and innovate the consumer lending industry with groundbreaking and savvy solutions!
As the Fraud Operations Manager, you will oversee a team of specialists who review applications for fraudulent behavior on the Amount platform. The fraud reviews and investigation logs completed by the Fraud Operations team not only serves as a final line of defense for partners using the platform, but is also instrumental in the development of new fraud prevention strategies. You will be responsible for maintaining the extremely high standard of quality of Amount’s Fraud Operations team while scaling the team to handle increased volume through the platform and expanding into new product verticals.
- Lead, develop, and grow a Fraud Operations team
- Ensure appropriate staffing to handle investigation and escalation volume
- Analyze data and trends to develop recommendations and present findings to senior management regarding new fraud prevention rules and allocation operational resources
- Utilize reporting metrics to track operational efficiency, KPI's and KRI's for operations procedures.
- You will drive the Fraud Operations optimization, systems and train and develop the team
- Develop quality assurance strategies to maintain and prove the best-in-class quality of Amount’s Fraud Operations team
- Oversee documentation and maintenance of standard operating procedures for reviewing accounts across a variety of products
- Maintain feedback loop between Fraud Operations and Verification Strategy teams to communicate findings and maintain reasonable escalation rates
- Respond to emergent coordinated fraud attacks with appropriate mitigation strategies
- Interface with internal and external stakeholders to review fraud policy, explain escalation strategy, quality assurance initiatives, and discuss specific fraud cases
- 3 to 5 years' experience managing a fraud operations teams or related fraud experience within a financial institution
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience in at least one or more of the following disciplines: credit card, check, online banking, ACH, wire, deposit or loan fraud
- Familiarity with financial regulations
- Highly organized
- Knowledge of quality control best practices
- Experience producing standard operating procedures
- Ability to think critically and identify process improvement opportunities
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation communication skills across a wide array of stakeholders across the firm
- Comfort in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, and an ability to navigate ambiguity and balance competing demands
- Familiarity with SQL required
Why Amount is a fit for you:
- We have a thriving culture and possess an entrepreneurial spirit
- We value, support, and help each other grow
- We are ready to hustle and get sh!t done
- We are committed to active inclusion and diversity
- We offer the flexibility needed to thrive in a new and growing company
Benefits and Perks:
- Take the time you need when you need it through our Flexible PTO policy.
- Looking for parental leave? We offer 6 weeks of paid parental leave.
- Enjoy a lunch subsidy, healthy snacks, and our Coca-Cola Freestyle machine!
- We offer medical, dental, and vision benefits plus an Employee Assistance Program.
- Short-term disability, long-term disability, and life insurance are options too.
- Commuter benefits and 401k are also part of the package!