Chicago Headquarters – Technology Operations
Take your career to new heights working with an amazing company doing next level work in the FinTech industry.
Since 2012, Avant has connected customers to over $5 billion through 800,000 transactions and counting. In 2015, Avant leveraged our expertise and developed Amount as a new solution for banks who wanted to go digital in months instead of years. As an industry-leading technology company, Amount has grown rapidly with customers who collectively manage close to $1T in US assets and are servicing more than 25 million customers. To better align each company for future success Amount and Avant have made the decision to separate, becoming independently operating companies in order to focus each on their long term growth and goals.
Come join an organization with visionary leadership and FinTech disruptors as we continue to reinvent banking by helping our Amount platform partners innovate and digitize their banking products and services!
We are looking for this DevOps manager come in and manage a small team of engineers in the build of our Infrastructure and IOC tools, and have an every day hand in using technologies such as Python, Go, Kubernetes, Docker, Terraform, and AWS.
What you do at Amount:
- Lead a DevOps engineering team and provide mentorship and technical guidance
- Work with other engineers and technical product managers to write, test, and deploy your code safely and automatically to production. We deploy multiple times a day.
- We work mostly in Terraform, Ansible, Golang, and Python. Our ideal candidate is someone with some experience in application development who has shifted into infrastructure.
- We want strong programmers - our interview process is unbiased and language agnostic
- Be a part of a strong culture of ownership, pragmatism, and testing
Why you are a fit for Amount:
- 5+ years of relevant engineering work experience
- 2+ hands-on technical management experience
- You’re a pragmatic generalist programmer who will provide a strong voice for technological direction of systems at Amount
- You’re entrepreneurial, self-driven, and takes pride in improving our customers’ experiences
- You have strong knowledge of computer science fundamentals and coding/testing best practices
- You thrive in a collaborative environment involving different stakeholders and subject matter experts and enjoys working with a diverse group of people with different expertise
- You like communicating directly with business units from all over the company to ensure you understand and can best handle the pain points and the wide range of stakeholders needs
Why Amount is a fit for you:
- We have a thriving culture and possess an entrepreneurial spirit
- We value, support, and help each other grow
- We are ready to hustle and get sh!t done
- We are committed to active inclusion and diversity
- We offer the flexibility needed to thrive in a new and growing company
Benefits and Perks:
- Take the time you need when you need it through our Flexible PTO policy.
- Enjoy a lunch subsidy, healthy snacks, and our Coca-Cola Freestyle machine!
- We offer medical, dental, and vision benefits plus an Employee Assistance Program.
- Short-term disability, long-term disability, and life insurance are options too.
- Commuter benefits and 401k are also part of the package!