Technical Support Engineer
Customer Service – Customer Technical Support /
AMPECO is one of the most innovative companies in the area of electric vehicle charging infrastructure – an industry that aims to change the world by making charging easier for everyone. As electric vehicles (EVs) are bringing in a transformation of our transport and mobility sectors, AMPECO is at the forefront of a grand revolution and we’re just getting started.
Our product – AMPECO EV Charging Platform is a business-critical SaaS platform used by companies to manage their electric vehicle charging infrastructure, processes, and energy use. It’s already in use by companies all over the world – from North and South America to Europe, Asia, and Australia.
Our team is highly motivated, capable, and committed to our mission. We are looking to expand it with like-minded capable people, eager to give, learn and grow together with us.
About the role
The Technical Support Engineer in AMPECO plays a vital role in making sure that clients’ technical needs are handled in a timely and professional manner. As a primary point of contact for technical problems you will be troubleshooting customer issues related to our cloud-based SaaS platform, identifying root causes for incidents, and providing the respective solutions.
At least 50% of the working time will be on US-based shifts – 3 pm to 12 am / 5 pm to 2 am. The working schedule follows a weekly based rotation: You will be having a week of late shifts starting from 3 pm or 5 pm, followed by a week of regular day shifts.
The first few months covering the onboarding are on day shifts only so that you can meet your colleagues and get up to speed.
- Respond promptly to customer inquiries via different communication channels e.g. chat, web portal, ticketing system;
- Understand and troubleshoot all reported bugs and incidents and provide feedback to the customer;
- Dig into system logs to identify the root of the problem and take the necessary actions to resolve it;
- Escalate issues in a timely manner to a higher support level when needed;
- Maintain a positive and professional attitude towards clients;
- Learn our product inside out to address technical issues in a timely and professional manner.
- Previous experience in a Technical Support Role;
- Experience in supporting remote devices (e.g. network access and configuration, device setup, work models, etc.);
- Experience in reproducing customers’ issues and leading debug sessions with customers;
- Experience in checking logs and collecting debug information;
- Fluency in English;
Considered an advantage
- Knowledge of cloud environments (e.g. AWS) and networking.
What we offer
- Opportunity to join early a fast-growing company with great ambition and on the path to becoming a global industry leader;
- Opportunity to work with amazing, highly experienced people;
- Flexible work hours;
- Bonus day-off to celebrate your birthday;
- 5 additional vacation days per year, after your first year with the company;
- Social events and awesome team buildings;
- Medical insurance for you and for your family, with great coverage;
- Monthly shared mobility allowance (covers Spark and GOeGO);
- EV week – you get a company electric car for yourself for a week every 1-2 months.