Senior Software Engineer, Applications
At Amplitude, we’re building analytics that helps our customers use data to build better products and drive growth. We’re already the analytics platform of choice for many top product teams around the world including Microsoft, Square, Twitter, and Hubspot. Backed by top VCs – Battery Ventures, Benchmark and YCombinator – our team is defining the future of how companies interact with data to build better products.
- Design, build, and maintain APIs, services, and systems that power Amplitude’s web application
- Work with Python, Node, Postgres, and GraphQL to build scalable, efficient APIs and systems
- Integrate with other backend query-processing services and infrastructure
- Build out Amplitude’s public REST APIs and SDKs
- Lead engineering discussions and mentor others on engineering best practices
Skills and Experience
- B.S., M.S., or Ph.D. in Computer Science or another technical field
- 5+ years of experience working in a full stack, API engineering, or application services role
- Significant experience building web services and APIs, and working with SQL databases like Postgres or MySQL
- Prior experience with GraphQL is a plus
- Strong foundation in programming, algorithms, and software application design
- Real passion for solving challenging problems and iterating quickly
- Technical leadership of an engineering team is a plus
At Amplitude, we’re on a mission to help product teams understand their users’ behavior so that they can build better products. We’ve built a product analytics platform that enables anyone, regardless of analytics experience, to listen to what their users are telling them through user behavior.
Founded in 2012, Amplitude is located in San Francisco’s SOMA neighborhood. We recently raised a $30M Series C and are backed by IVP, Battery Ventures, Benchmark Capital, and Y Combinator. You can learn more about our team, culture, and environment at https://amplitude.com/careers.
Amplitude provides equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.