Senior Software Engineer, Backend
At Amplitude, we’re building analytics that helps our customers use data to build better products and drive growth. We’re already the analytics platform of choice for many top product teams around the world including Microsoft, Square, and Hubspot. Backed by top VCs - Battery Ventures, Benchmark and YCombinator - our team is defining the future of how companies interact with data to build better products.
We're looking for a Senior Software Engineer to help build out our analytics offering and aren't afraid to tackle the challenges of a growing data company. As a member of the Backend team, you will be responsible for designing, building, and deploying the features and underlying systems that power our core analytics product. You will interact with everything from our data ingestion pipeline to our in-house query infrastructure written in Java and Python. Our product sits on top of many modern technologies, including Kafka, Redis, Amazon S3, DynamoDB, and Elasticsearch. You will share your ideas with a group of similarly innovative and curious engineers.
- Take product ideas from ideation to implementation
- Develop backend services that expand the capabilities of our analytics product
- Optimize the performance of our data ingestion and processing pipelines
- Collaborate with Product and Design to iterate on our product
- Lead engineering discussions and mentor others on engineering best practices
- Participate in design and code reviews
Skills and Experience
- B.S., M.S., or Ph.D. in Computer Science or another technical field
- 3+ years of experience working in a Software Engineering role
- Experience with Python or Java
- Strong foundation in programming, algorithms, and software application design
- Passionate about solving challenging problems and iterating quickly
- Previous experience in distributed systems, data processing and analytics is a plus
- Technical leadership of an engineering team is a plus
At Amplitude, we’re on a mission to help product teams understand their users’ behavior so that they can build better products. We’ve built a product analytics platform that enables anyone, regardless of analytics experience, to listen to what their users are telling them through user behavior.
Founded in 2012, Amplitude is located in San Francisco’s SOMA neighborhood, and we are backed by IVP, Battery Ventures, Benchmark Capital, and Y Combinator. You can learn more about our team, culture, and environment at https://amplitude.com/careers.
Amplitude provides equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.