Senior UX Designer
At Amplitude, we’re building analytics that helps our customers use data to build better products and drive growth. We’re already the analytics platform of choice for many top product teams around the world including Microsoft, Square, and Hubspot. Backed by top VCs - Battery Ventures, Benchmark and YCombinator - our team is defining the future of how companies interact with data to build better products.
As a Senior UX Designer, you’ll work closely with the Product and Design teams to research, ideate, design, and help bring to market a broad range of projects and features across Amplitude. The most essential skill required is to be able to synthesize user research into digestible feedback and incorporate that feedback directly into designs and mock-ups. To do so, you must have a high comfort level working within a self-directed culture and you must work effectively cross-department in problem spaces that are occasionally incomplete or ambiguous. You'll also work closely with all departments to establish a user research program and conduct usability tests on a frequent basis.
- Design mock-ups and explore design space for various features and usability projects
- Define the insights and frameworks that keep the human at the center of our design solutions
- Establish and champion a weekly Usability test program that is efficient and quality-driven
- Synthesize research into digestible and easily understood key takeaways
- Give presentations to the Product, Design, and Executive management team around UX findings
- Maintain user experience feedback and streamline processes so that it’s easy to access feedback around any given topic
Skills and Experience
- You’ve been a part of or lead a team in a multidisciplinary UX environment for 4 or more years
- You've conducted a breadth of UX studies in various forms and environments both in person and remotely.
- Your team has shipped simple and beautifully designed product to solve complex customer needs.
- You have played a direct role in UX community building and thought leadership both inside your organization and beyond.
- Experience with OptimalSort and similar UX Tools
- Experience with Sketch
- Experience with Framer
At Amplitude, we’re on a mission to help product teams understand their users’ behavior so that they can build better products. We’ve built a product analytics platform that enables anyone, regardless of analytics experience, to listen to what their users are telling them through user behavior.
Founded in 2012, Amplitude is located in San Francisco’s SOMA neighborhood. We’ve raised our Series B and are backed by Battery Ventures, Benchmark Capital, and Y Combinator. You can learn more about our team, culture, and environment at https://amplitude.com/careers.
Amplitude provides equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.