Senior Software Engineer, DevOps
At Amplitude, we’re building analytics that helps our customers use data to build better products and drive growth. We’re already the analytics platform of choice for many top product teams around the world including Microsoft, Square, and Hubspot. Backed by top VCs - Battery Ventures, Benchmark and YCombinator - our team is defining the future of how companies interact with data to build better products.
Our infrastructure consists of over 1,000 servers on AWS and is continuing to grow. As a member of our Cloud Engineering team, you will be responsible for managing and scaling of our infrastructure. You will work on our deployment, automation, and monitoring systems. You will also work closely with our development team to implement the necessary processes to keep our platform highly available and efficient. Your work will touch many technologies including AWS, SaltStack, Docker, Jenkins, Spinnaker, Consul, Redis, Kafka, and Postgres.
- Develop internal tooling for automating the deployment of applications
- Manage the monitoring of our applications
- Work with SaltStack for configuration management
- Use Spinnaker to streamline the deployment of our applications
- Participate in an on-call rotation with the development team
- Research and implement improvements to how we manage our infrastructure
Skills and Experience
- B.S., M.S., or Ph.D. in Computer Science or another technical field
- 3+ years of experience working in a Software Engineering role
- 3+ years of experience working in a DevOps role
- Experience with AWS, shell scripting/UNIX, and Python
- Familiarity with Docker and container orchestration tools like Kubernetes
- Managing Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery Pipelines
- Experience managing and automating large AWS deployments (100+ machines)
- Previous experience in distributed systems, data processing and analytics is a plus
- Strong foundation in programming, algorithms, and software application design
- Passion for solving challenging problems and iterating quickly
At Amplitude, we’re on a mission to help product teams understand their users’ behavior so that they can build better products. We’ve built a product analytics platform that enables anyone, regardless of analytics experience, to listen to what their users are telling them through user behavior.
Founded in 2012, Amplitude is located in San Francisco’s SOMA neighborhood, and we are backed by IVP, Battery Ventures, Benchmark Capital, and Y Combinator. You can learn more about our team, culture, and environment at https://amplitude.com/careers.
Amplitude provides equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.