Head of Cloud Engineering
We're looking for a Head of Cloud Engineering to lead and grow our team and and inspire them to do great work. You will oversee the development of the provisioning, deployment and automation of our analytics platform and infrastructure. You and your team will be responsible for managing and scaling our infrastructure. You will also work closely with our development team to implement the necessary processes to keep our platform highly available and efficient.
Our underlying systems process hundreds of billions of events per month for thousands of enterprise customers. Our team has built sophisticated data ingestion pipelines and our own in-house database engine optimized for analyzing user behavior in real-time. Our product sits on top of many modern technologies, including Python, Java, Kafka, Redis, Amazon S3, DynamoDB, and Elasticsearch. You and your team will touch many technologies including AWS, SaltStack, Docker, Jenkins, Consul, Redis, Kafka, and Postgres.
- Build and lead a highly productive engineering team
- Attract high performing engineers
- Help engineers develop new skills and advance in their careers
- Encourage a healthy work environment that’s both supportive and challenging
- Develop internal tooling for automating the deployment of applications
- Manage the monitoring of our applications
- Set goals for improving uptime and availability of key systems
- Research and implement improvements to how we manage our infrastructure
- Support the rollout of InfoSec and compliance programs.
Skills and Experience
- 4+ years of experience working in a Software Engineering/DevOps/Cloud Engineering role
- You have a couple of years of engineering management experience
- Experience with AWS, shell scripting/UNIX, and Python Familiarity with a deployment tool like Chef, Ansible, Saltstack
- Experience managing and automating large AWS deployments (100+ machines)
- Previous experience in distributed systems, data processing and analytics is a plus
- Strong foundation in programming, algorithms, and software application design
- Passion for solving challenging problems and iterating quicklyAre comfortable moving fast and shipping fast
- Have a B.S. Computer Science or another technical field.
At Amplitude, we’re on a mission to help product teams understand their users’ behavior so that they can build better products. We’ve built a product analytics platform that enables anyone, regardless of analytics experience, to listen to what their users are telling them through user behavior.
Founded in 2012, Amplitude is located in San Francisco’s SOMA neighborhood. We recently raised a $30M Series C and are backed by IVP, Battery Ventures, Benchmark Capital, and Y Combinator. You can learn more about our team, culture, and environment at https://amplitude.com/careers.
Amplitude provides equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.