Senior Frontend Engineer
At Amplitude, we’re building analytics that helps our customers use data to build better products and drive growth. We’re already the analytics platform of choice for many top product teams around the world including Microsoft, Square, Twitter, and Hubspot. Backed by top VCs – Battery Ventures, Benchmark and YCombinator – our team is defining the future of how companies interact with data to build better products.
- Take product ideas from ideation to implementation
- Integrate with backend services and build out endpoints with Python and GraphQL
- Collaborate with product and design teams to iterate on our product
- Lead engineering discussions and mentor others on engineering best practices
- Participate in design and code reviews
Skills and Experience
- B.S., M.S., or Ph.D. in Computer Science or another technical field
- 5+ years of experience working in a frontend engineering role
- Experience in a technical leadership role on an engineering team
- Enjoy building UIs with modern tools like Babel and ES6, React and Redux, Webpack and Flow
- You have a deep understanding of current and emerging trends of the web platform
- Experience with client-side software design, performance, and optimization challenges working with large applications
- Excellent attention to detail and demonstrated design and UX sensibilities
- Understanding of Python, Ruby, and/or node web servers and SQL databases
- Real passion for solving challenging problems and iterating quickly
- Experience with web or mobile analytics, or data visualizations and d3 is a plus
At Amplitude, we’re on a mission to help product teams understand their users’ behavior so that they can build better products. We’ve built a product analytics platform that enables anyone, regardless of analytics experience, to listen to what their users are telling them through user behavior.
Founded in 2012, Amplitude is located in San Francisco’s SOMA neighborhood, and we are backed by IVP, Battery Ventures, Benchmark Capital, and Y Combinator. You can learn more about our team, culture, and environment at https://amplitude.com/careers.
Amplitude provides equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.