Towson, MD or Rockville, MD /
Engineering – Landscape /
A. Morton Thomas and Associates (AMT) is an employee-owned multidisciplinary firm with over 450 employees. Our Landscape Architecture + Design group includes dedicated landscape architects and passionate placemakers. We are seeking a creative, collaborative and curious entry-level landscape designer to join our growing practice. Our portfolio is continually expanding to include a wide array of project types, scales, locations and programs.
- Take an active role in various tasks throughout the project lifecycle, from planning and concepting through Construction Documents and Construction Administration.
- Interact/collaborate with related internal and external disciplines: architecture, civil engineering, structural engineering, electrical engineering, and planning.
- Production of construction documents with AutoCAD and Microstation.
- Conduct site inventory / analysis (i.e., geographic location, soil, vegetation, rock features, drainage, and location of structures. Builds upon this site understanding for preparation of environmental reports and design concepting.
- Demonstrates a keen attention to detail while preparing plan drawings, specifications, construction details and cost estimates various project types.
- Conducts environmental field surveys (natural resource inventory, tree survey, wetland delineation) with senior landscape architects.
- Support mid-level and senior-level landscape architects and project managers.
- Entry Level (0-3 years) of landscape architecture experience.
- Prior internship or job shadow experience is preferred but not required
- Masters or Bachelor’s degree in Landscape Architecture from an accredited college or university, or other combination of education and training that demonstrates design competency to meet design and planning requirements of this position.
- Proficiency in technical components of design.
- Understanding and appreciation for diverse, engaging, and dynamic plant communities.
- Strong graphic and verbal communication skills, including the production of rendered plan and perspective exhibits through use of software such as the Adobe Creative Suite, Lumion, Sketchup.
- Passionate work ethic, engaging personality and strong collaboration skills.
Why Join AMT?
At AMT, we understand that our most valuable asset is our staff. For 65 years, we have worked diligently to build a team of talented employees who fully embody our values as an organization – values such as teamwork, integrity, and innovation. Now that we have transitioned into an employee-owned firm, we are excited to place the future of AMT into nearly 450 sets of dedicated hands.
The AMT Difference
Our company culture is characterized by a workforce that holds the highest standards of ethics and integrity, focused client care, and commitment to AMT's Core Values of safety, respect, integrity, commitment, quality, teamwork. leadership, responsibility, and profitable growth. Operating as an ESOP allows us to reward our dedicated and loyal employees with additional benefits from the company’s stock as well as an incentive to continue building a high-performance ownership culture.
To strengthen and support its employees, AMT invests in programs and processes to sustain an engaging work environment. AMT also recognizes the importance of employee benefits and policies and remains committed to providing programs that are both comprehensive and competitive in the industry.
Competitive Benefit Package
To strengthen and support its employees, its greatest asset, AMT invests in programs and processes to sustain an engaging work environment. AMT also recognizes the importance of employee benefits and policies and remains committed to providing programs that are both comprehensive and competitive in the industry. With AMT, you will get:
• Tiered medical coverage
• Short- and long-term disability
• College savings plan
• Life insurance
• Paid time off