Deputy National Operations Director
Amy for America is seeking a Deputy National Operations Director to join our growing Operations Team. The Deputy National Operations Director will be responsible for overseeing the campaign’s hiring process, on-boarding new staff, communicating with vendors and contractors, and setting up offices in early states.
The Deputy National Operations Director will be based in Minneapolis and will report to the National Operations Director. Applicants must have a valid drivers license, reliable vehicle, smartphone and laptop computer.
- Maintain campaign hiring website; communicate regularly with Department Heads and State Directors to determine immediate and long-term staffing needs
- Coordinate the application, interview, and on-boarding process for AFA Paid Fellowship Program, connect with colleges and universities to publicize the Fellowship program
- Coordinate all day-to-day logistics for Minneapolis Fellowship Program
- Work with staff around the country to maintain day-to-day functioning of all AFA offices, including the Minneapolis headquarters
- Work with staff in early states to fulfill office furniture and supply requests
- Work closely with Compliance Department on review of vendor invoices and payments
- Review and complete contracts for campaign travel and events across the country
- Set up and maintain campaign technology for all new staff
Ideal candidates will:
- Be detail oriented and extremely organized
- Have had prior experience working in large-scale campaign, business, or non-profit operations
- Have had experience reviewing and hiring for campaign positions
- Be comfortable in a fast paced environment; be able to successfully manage competing priorities and tasks
- Have a sense of humor!
Amy for America is committed to diversity among its staff, and recognizes that its continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff that provides the best quality services to supporters and constituents. Amy for America strongly encourages candidates from all backgrounds to apply. Amy for America is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications without regard to race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, and military and veteran status, or because another person perceives a person to have one or more of these characteristics. Amy for America will not tolerate any unlawful discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.