Field Organizers will work in assigned regions throughout the country as part of the Amy for America team. They will be responsible for recruiting, training, and managing volunteers and leading voter contact efforts throughout their region. Field Organizers will also attend and organize various volunteer and candidate events throughout the cycle.
Applicants must have a valid drivers license, reliable vehicle, smartphone and laptop.
- Recruit, train, and manage volunteer teams to contact voters with the goal of getting them to vote for Senator Amy Klobuchar
- Be comfortable using various methods of communication (door-knocking, phone calls, texts, email, Facebook, Twitter, etc) for the purpose of volunteer recruitment and voter contact
- Organize grassroots events
- Accurately record information in Votebuilder database
- Build communities in person and online in conjunction with our digital team
- Regularly attend community events, often outside of normal business hours
- Other responsibilities as required
Ideal candidates will be:
- Creative problem solvers
- Skilled communicators who are comfortable having conversations with people they haven’t met
- Organized and able to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Able to effectively manage a team of people
- Self-motivated and goal oriented
- Willing and able to work long hours, nights, and weekends doing work they are passionate about
- Experienced in political campaign work and knowledgeable about Votebuilder (ideal, but not required)
Amy for America is committed to diversity among its staff, and recognizes that its continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff that provides the best quality services to supporters and constituents. Amy for America strongly encourages candidates from all backgrounds to apply. Amy for America is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications without regard to race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, and military and veteran status, or because another person perceives a person to have one or more of these characteristics. Amy for America will not tolerate any unlawful discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.