Iowa Political Associate
Amy for America is seeking a highly motivated Political Associate to join our team in Iowa. They will report to the State Director and Political Director, and will be responsible for developing, maintaining, and utilizing strategic relationships throughout the state.
Applicants must have a valid drivers license, reliable vehicle, smartphone and laptop computer.
- Building and managing relationships with local Democratic officials, coalitions, & community groups
- Ensuring we’re consistently engaging key constituency groups throughout the state
- Identifying surrogates and staffing principals at events around the state
- Writing briefings and call sheets, and maintaining political databases
- Identifying and communicating political needs up the chain of command
- Working with our national Political team to integrate Minnesota relationships into our Iowa plans
Ideal candidates will have:
- Experience working with elected officials and political groups
- Strong writing and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of people
- Natural time management and organizational skills; able to manage multiple priorities and tasks
- A demonstrated record of creative problem solving
- Proficient knowledge of political campaigns and strategic political targeting
- Willingness to work long hours including nights and weekends
- At least two previous cycles of campaign organizing experience
- Ties to Iowa are ideal but not required
Amy for America is committed to diversity among its staff, and recognizes that its continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff that provides the best quality services to supporters and constituents. Amy for America strongly encourages candidates from all backgrounds to apply. Amy for America is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications without regard to race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, and military and veteran status, or because another person perceives a person to have one or more of these characteristics. Amy for America will not tolerate any unlawful discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.