Digital Organizing Director
Amy for America is seeking a Director of Digital Organizing to train and empower our volunteers with digital strategies and tools. This position will be responsible for using digital tools and best practices to mobilize large numbers of supporters and volunteers across the country.
Duties will include:
- Collaborating with the campaign’s field, data and political teams to develop specific digital organizing objectives and monitor progress towards goals
- Coordinating with state staff to produce state-specific engagement and communication plans to engage, recruit and maintain volunteers and supporters in campaign activities
- Serving as the headquarters point-of-contact for state digital organizers and digital organizing needs in the early states
- Developing a long-term roadmap for email, SMS, social media and web content that organizes and mobilizes campaign supporters
- Developing and managing budgets for paid digital organizing tools and advertising
- Working with heads of departments to ensure best web and social practices are applied to the digital organizing of overarching campaign themes and messaging
- Creating and executing digital trainings and working with field staff to amplify messages, recruit volunteers and create online communities using digital tools and social media platforms
A successful Director of Digital Organizing will:
- Keep our online communities engaged and motivated through compelling content and targeted outreach
- Be able to think creatively and outside the box
- Have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate with people from different backgrounds
- Work quickly to identify and address the needs of our campaign supporters
- Have excellent writing, communication and analytical skills
- Have a passion for digital and the intersection between digital, tech and field
- Have experience training volunteers and supporters
- Have an excellent eye for detail
- Have experience with online organizing tools like Mobilize, Revere, Hustle, etc
The Director of Digital Organizing will be based in Minneapolis and will report to the Director of Digital Communications.
Amy for America is committed to diversity among its staff, and recognizes that its continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff that provides the best quality services to supporters and constituents. Amy for America strongly encourages candidates from all backgrounds to apply. Amy for America is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications without regard to race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, and military and veteran status, or because another person perceives a person to have one or more of these characteristics. Amy for America will not tolerate any unlawful discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.