Global Service Desk Manager (3789)
US-Tampa, FL /
General & Administration – Information Technology /
At Amyris, we value that everyone’s career journey is unique and authentic to who they are. If this role excites you, we encourage you to apply and grow alongside us! You may be just the right candidate for this or other open roles.
The Global Service Desk Manager is responsible for maturing the North America Service Desk and expanding our services globally for Amyris, Inc. Biotechnology company. They will professionally and efficiently manage and develop the Service Desk function and associated processes, practices, and procedures by following the ITIL 4 best practices. Develop support methodology globally and coordinate global resources. They will provide thought leadership solving client problems through effective communication and collaboration fostering trusted partnerships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Effectively manage, develop and train the global service desk team, consisting of internal and external resources which provide the critical role of being first point of escalation for end user IT issues, managing end user expectations, collaborating with end users and IT support groups, and resolving end user issues.
- Ensures the service desk team provides courteous and consistent service, communicates effectively with end users, and takes ownership of the assigned issues and requests.
- Ensures processes used by the service desk are properly documented and monitored and regularly audited for accuracy and improvements for effective use and compliance.
- Develop relationships with key counterparts inside of Amyris to understand their experience
- Analysis and publication of the service desk team’s performance to appropriate parties as well as regular review of those reports with the service desk team and IT management team.
- Coordinating with stakeholders, including the service desk and other technical teams, that are involved in Service Desk operations.
- Manage and provide oversight of contractors providing local helpdesk support for remote sites.
- Develops an effective and workable framework for managing and improving customer IT support within the organization. Advise on situations that may require additional support or escalation within IT or the wider business.
- Ensure compliance to security policies, standards and guidelines as defined by the Information Security team.
- Manage the IT purchasing process including creating purchase requests and coding invoices.
- Ensure that all processes used by the service desk are thoroughly documented, consistently audited, and regularly improved.
- Full ownership and accountability for ITIL Incident & Problem management processes, resolution coordination and data reporting on these metrics, including CSI. Address SLA areas of concern; often SLA targets will include multiple shifts; evaluate service requests approaching or exceeding their SLAs and may adjust staff priorities.
- Work with other IT leaders to determine ways to enhance and improve Jira IT Service Management and associated processes to include reducing time to response and time to resolution and new workflows in Jira IT Service Management.
- Balance workloads across teams and agents to maximize productivity, minimize costs and ensure SLA compliance.
- Administration of Corporate Office 365 instance including adding/deleting users and troubleshooting problems.
- Follows company policies and practices as outlined in the Employee Handbook and/or applicable employment agreement. Follows safety guidelines and procedures in accordance with the job.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
- Lead by example demonstrating integrity, caring and excellence to achieve all win outcomes.
- Bachelor of Science in Information Systems, Information Technology, Management, Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- 5 or more years of related technical and managerial experience in an end-to-end service desk and desk side service delivery environment.
- ITIL v4 Foundations Certification.
- Jira ITSM Experience.
- Knowledge and understanding of best practices for service management.
- Familiarity with service desk technologies including IT Service Management.
- Thorough understanding of setting strategic vision for a service desk department and ability to set long-term direction of the team.
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to be influential and persuasive with stakeholders.
- Experience managing vendors including reviewing contracts and managing renewals.
- Experience managing helpdesk contractors.
- Key Metric reporting for SLAs and KPIs.
- Prior experience building, mentoring, and developing effective teams.
Amyris is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices.
The annual pay range for this role is $102,500 to $159,000. Salary offers are made based on internal equity and market analysis, and will vary based on the candidate’s skills, depth of experience and specific work location.
Amyris is committed to providing a diverse array of inclusive benefits and perks to support employees and their families’ wellbeing including access to robust healthcare, mental wellness benefits, family leave, discounted fitness memberships, education reimbursement, generous product discounts, flexible paid time off, 17 paid holidays, 10 paid sick days, and additional paid time off including 3 volunteer days, and bereavement. Sabbaticals are available after 5 years of continuous employment with Amyris.
We hold deep regard in the power of representation and cultivation of a diverse work environment. Join us at Amyris, where you can find a sense of belonging and know that your voice is centered.
At Amyris, we believe that diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging (DEIB) is essential to our core values. We embrace and encourage an equity-minded work culture, knowing that it is the driving force of innovation that positively impacts our employees, consumers, and communities. And for Amyris, a sense of belonging is what drives our mission forward and is the foundation of everything we do, ensuring a healthier, more sustainable future for us all. Make Good, No Compromise.
Amyris (Nasdaq: AMRS) is a leading synthetic biotechnology company, transitioning the Clean Health & Beauty and Flavors & Fragrances markets to sustainable ingredients through fermentation and the company's proprietary Lab-to-Market™ technology platform. This Amyris platform leverages state-of-the-art machine learning, robotics and artificial intelligence, enabling the company to rapidly bring new innovation to market at commercial scale. Amyris ingredients are included in over 20,000 products from the world's top brands, reaching more than 300 million consumers. Amyris also owns and operates a family of consumer brands that is constantly evolving to meet the growing demand for sustainable, effective and accessible products. For more information, please visit http://www.amyris.com.
Amyris, the Amyris logo, No Compromise, Biossance, JVN, Pipette, Purecane, Rose Inc. and Lab-to-Market, Terasana are trademarks or registered trademarks of Amyris, Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.
Under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”), Amyris is required to inform California residents who are our job applicants (“Applicants”) about the personal information we collect about you when you apply to a job on this site.
As an Applicant, you have the right to know and understand the categories of personal information we collect about you, and the purposes for which the categories of personal information shall be used, pursuant to the CCPA.
By clicking the “APPLY FOR THIS JOB” button below and submitting your job application, you agree you have reviewed the complete Privacy Notice for Employees, Independent Contractors and Job Applicants.
If you have any questions regarding this information, please contact Amyris at firstname.lastname@example.org
As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, Amyris is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Amyris complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
If you are a recruiter or placement agency, please do not submit resumes to any person or email address at Amyris, Inc. prior to having a signed agreement. Amyris is not liable for and will not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved recruitment partners. Furthermore, any resumes sent to us without an agreement in place will be considered your company’s gift to Amyris and may be forwarded to our recruiters for their attention.