Senior Packaging Engineer (3712)
US-Emeryville, CA /
New Product Introduction – New Product Introduction /
At Amyris, we value that everyone’s career journey is unique and authentic to who they are. If this role excites you, we encourage you to apply and grow alongside us! You may be just the right candidate for this or other open roles.
Amyris is seeking a Packaging Development Associate Manager, who will be responsible to oversee and develop primary and secondary packaging for specific product launches as determined through our new product pipeline. This position will work with the design concept to source and develop packaging through to conception validation.
- Manage the development of quality packaging in a cost-effective manner from concept to production while meeting product development calendar/deadlines.
- Work on packaging development and re-development: primary, secondary and tertiary packaging.
- Support brands with packaging sourcing needs: kits, specialty boxes and accessories.
- Partner with cross functional teams on component design and material selection.
- Creates a matrix of packaging to present options to key decision makers.
- Manage mock-ups, color matches, draw downs, and initial pricing.
- Manage structural functional and design approvals.
- Coordinate with fill manufacturer to determine need for components and samples.
- Validate first production of primary and secondary packaging as required.
- Work with team on packaging compatibility testing internally and external.
- Control design change process and serves as owner for all packaging design changes.
- May be called upon to develop, implement and maintain methods and/or processes in the fabrication of parts, components, and final assemblies.
- Research and stay up to date with all sustainability packaging initiatives and present to internal team.
- Search for new materials to support packaging innovation.
- Perform all packaging due diligence tests.
- Partner with QA on any packaging quality issues.
- Embrace Amyris Core Values.
- Adherence to Amyris Safety Policies and Procedures.
- B.S. Degree in Packaging Engineering or related field of study.
- 4+ years of packaging development experience working on skincare, cosmetic or consumer packaged goods products.
- Knowledge of sustainable packaging materials.
- Full working knowledge of materials, structural and functional design and tooling for primary, secondary and tertiary packaging.
- Knowledge of production, manufacturing, product integrity & production cycle timelines.
- Knowledge of component printing.
- Ability to perform high quality work in an efficient manner.
Amyris is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices.
The annual pay range for this role is $77000 to $117000. Salary offers are made based on internal equity and market analysis, and will vary based on the candidate’s skills, depth of experience and specific work location.
Amyris is committed to providing a diverse array of inclusive benefits and perks to support employees and their families’ wellbeing including access to robust healthcare, mental wellness benefits, family leave, discounted fitness memberships, education reimbursement, generous product discounts, flexible paid time off, 17 paid holidays, 10 paid sick days, and additional paid time off including 3 volunteer days, and bereavement. Sabbaticals are available after 5 years of continuous employment with Amyris.
We hold deep regard in the power of representation and cultivation of a diverse work environment. Join us at Amyris, where you can find a sense of belonging and know that your voice is centered.
At Amyris, we believe that diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging (DEIB) is essential to our core values. We embrace and encourage an equity-minded work culture, knowing that it is the driving force of innovation that positively impacts our employees, consumers, and communities. And for Amyris, a sense of belonging is what drives our mission forward and is the foundation of everything we do, ensuring a healthier, more sustainable future for us all. Make Good, No Compromise.
Amyris (Nasdaq: AMRS) is a leading synthetic biotechnology company, transitioning the Clean Health & Beauty and Flavors & Fragrances markets to sustainable ingredients through fermentation and the company's proprietary Lab-to-Market™ technology platform. This Amyris platform leverages state-of-the-art machine learning, robotics and artificial intelligence, enabling the company to rapidly bring new innovation to market at commercial scale. Amyris ingredients are included in over 20,000 products from the world's top brands, reaching more than 300 million consumers. Amyris also owns and operates a family of consumer brands that is constantly evolving to meet the growing demand for sustainable, effective and accessible products. For more information, please visit http://www.amyris.com.
Amyris, the Amyris logo, No Compromise, Biossance, JVN, Pipette, Purecane, Rose Inc. and Lab-to-Market, Terasana are trademarks or registered trademarks of Amyris, Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.
Under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”), Amyris is required to inform California residents who are our job applicants (“Applicants”) about the personal information we collect about you when you apply to a job on this site.
As an Applicant, you have the right to know and understand the categories of personal information we collect about you, and the purposes for which the categories of personal information shall be used, pursuant to the CCPA.
By clicking the “APPLY FOR THIS JOB” button below and submitting your job application, you agree you have reviewed the complete Privacy Notice for Employees, Independent Contractors and Job Applicants.
If you have any questions regarding this information, please contact Amyris at firstname.lastname@example.org
As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, Amyris is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Amyris complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
If you are a recruiter or placement agency, please do not submit resumes to any person or email address at Amyris, Inc. prior to having a signed agreement. Amyris is not liable for and will not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved recruitment partners. Furthermore, any resumes sent to us without an agreement in place will be considered your company’s gift to Amyris and may be forwarded to our recruiters for their attention.