Influencer Marketing Manager - Los Angeles (3791)
Biossance – Biossance Marketing /
At Biossance, we're revolutionizing the beauty industry through biotechnology. By harnessing the power of sugarcane-derived squalane, a mega-hydrating molecule that mimics our body's natural moisture, we create high-performance skincare that’s good for your skin and the planet. Sustainability is at the core of everything we do, and we're committed to inspiring positive change in the beauty industry and beyond.
Biossance is looking for an Influencer Marketing Manager to join their growing global marketing team. Reporting to the Senior Marketing Director, this role will drive paid and organic influencer strategy and execution to reach brand growth and business goals. The ideal candidate is based in Los Angeles with 4+ years of experience in influencer relations and social media marketing within the beauty industry.
- Develop and execute micro-influencer strategies to achieve overall brand growth and business goals within budget.
- Build organic relationships with influencers and content creators.
- Foster and support Biossance’s celebrity ambassador partnerships as well as key philanthropic partnership with Oceana, including campaign management, social content strategy, and collaboration on events, appearances, shoots and community activations.
- Identify new micro-influencers and build innovative programs and partnerships to expand the community while deepening existing relationships and incentivizing long-term loyalty and brand advocacy.
- Oversee ongoing gifting efforts with influencers and experts, including derms, makeup artists, scientists, and aestheticians.
- Partner with cross-functional teams on marketing campaigns, new product launches, growth initiatives, events, Biossance-owned social content and more.
- Manage vendor and partner relationships, including influencer talent agencies/agents, tools, and event production.
- Measure and report on influencer program performance and KPIs, sharing results, insights, and future recommendations with cross-functional teams and leaders.
- Be an expert in influencer and community trends and tools, staying up-to-date, and proactively sharing insights.
- Build programs from vision through execution to scale influencer content creation, traffic, and sales.
- Own mailers from creative ideation to box development and execution.
- Develop an ongoing activations calendar with influencers to foster organic relationships, drive brand storytelling, educate on hero and new SKUs.
- Identify, negotiate and contract micro-influencers to support ongoing brand campaigns and drive ecommerce conversions.
- BA in Communications, Marketing, or a related field.
- 4+ years of experience in influencer relations, social media marketing, community, or PR within the beauty industry.
- Experience working with celebrities.
- Experience working with Sephora or other beauty retailer.
- Experience working with international agencies and influencers.
- Demonstrated interest and passion for influencers and social media communities, especially on platforms like TikTok.
- Experience with influencer software platforms (like Grin and Tribe Dynamics) and social media management tools (like Dash Hudson).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including visual presentations/decks.
- Proven track record of cultivating relationships with editors, influencers, and content creators.
- Experience growing and scaling a digital community.
- Strong problem-solving skills, with the ability to anticipate obstacles and generate alternative solutions/ideas.
- Exceptional attention to detail while managing multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Effective relationship-building, oral and written communication skills, with the ability to cultivate strong partnerships and bring people together.
- A creative self-starter with a can-do positive attitude and a roll-up-your-sleeves approach, who is comfortable with ambiguity.
- Passionate about sustainability, the science of skincare and the future of clean beauty.
Amyris is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices.
The pay range for this role is $87,000 to $134,000. Salary offers are made based on internal equity and market analysis, and will vary based on the candidate’s skills, depth of experience and specific work location. This role is also eligible for incentive pay.
We are also committed to providing a diverse array of inclusive benefits and perks to support employees and their families’ wellbeing including access to robust healthcare, mental wellness benefits, family leave, discounted fitness memberships, education reimbursement, generous product discounts, flexible paid time off, 17 paid holidays, 10 paid sick days, and additional paid time off including 3 volunteer days, and bereavement. Sabbaticals are available after 5 years of continuous employment with Amyris.
No Compromise Beauty™
Biossance is a clean beauty brand that uses biotechnology to create skincare products that are effective, sustainable and safe. We formulate with a No Compromise™ approach—proudly blacklisting over 2,000 potentially harmful ingredients. Only the most trustworthy and powerful make our final cut.
It all began inside our Berkeley, California labs in 2003, where through biology and modern technology a plant-derived cure for malaria was created. Since then, over 120 million royalty-free treatments have been given, saving lives and communities. Inspired to keep positively changing the world through biotech, we turned to the ingredients people use on their bodies every day. And we asked how we could do better. Drawing on our rich history of science and sustainability, we create skincare products that are incredibly effective and safe without harming the environment. Because our standards for clean beauty are high—and our standards for ourselves are even higher.
Biossance products are available at Biossance.com and Sephora.
At Amyris, we believe that diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging (DEIB) is essential to our core values. We embrace and encourage an equity-minded work culture, knowing that it is the driving force of innovation that positively impacts our employees, consumers, and communities. And for Amyris, a sense of belonging is what drives our mission forward and is the foundation of everything we do, ensuring a healthier, more sustainable future for us all. Make Good, No Compromise.
Amyris (Nasdaq: AMRS) is a leading synthetic biotechnology company, transitioning the Clean Health & Beauty and Flavors & Fragrances markets to sustainable ingredients through fermentation and the company's proprietary Lab-to-Market™ technology platform. This Amyris platform leverages state-of-the-art machine learning, robotics and artificial intelligence, enabling the company to rapidly bring new innovation to market at commercial scale. Amyris ingredients are included in over 20,000 products from the world's top brands, reaching more than 300 million consumers. Amyris also owns and operates a family of consumer brands that is constantly evolving to meet the growing demand for sustainable, effective and accessible products. For more information, please visit http://www.amyris.com.
Amyris, the Amyris logo, No Compromise, Biossance, JVN, Pipette, Purecane, Rose Inc. and Lab-to-Market, Terasana are trademarks or registered trademarks of Amyris, Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.
Under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”), Amyris is required to inform California residents who are our job applicants (“Applicants”) about the personal information we collect about you when you apply to a job on this site.
As an Applicant, you have the right to know and understand the categories of personal information we collect about you, and the purposes for which the categories of personal information shall be used, pursuant to the CCPA.
By clicking the “APPLY FOR THIS JOB” button below and submitting your job application, you agree you have reviewed the complete Privacy Notice for Employees, Independent Contractors and Job Applicants.
If you have any questions regarding this information, please contact Amyris at firstname.lastname@example.org
As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, Amyris is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Amyris complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
If you are a recruiter or placement agency, please do not submit resumes to any person or email address at Amyris, Inc. prior to having a signed agreement. Amyris is not liable for and will not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved recruitment partners. Furthermore, any resumes sent to us without an agreement in place will be considered your company’s gift to Amyris and may be forwarded to our recruiters for their attention.