Vice President, Global Content and Community (3591)
Biossance – Biossance Marketing /
Come be a part of the future of Beauty!
Biossance is leading the way as a clean beauty brand that uses biotechnology to create skincare products that are effective, sustainable and safe. We formulate with a No Compromise™ approach—proudly blacklisting over 2,000 potentially harmful ingredients. Only the most trustworthy and powerful make our final cut.
It all began inside our Berkeley labs in 2003, where through biology and modern technology a plant-derived cure for malaria was created. Since then, over 120 million royalty-free treatments have been given, saving lives and communities. Inspired to keep positively changing the world through biotech, we turned to the ingredients people use on their bodies every day. And we asked how we could do better. Drawing on our rich history of science and sustainability, we create skincare products that are incredibly effective and safe without harming the environment. Because our standards for clean beauty are high—and our standards for ourselves are even higher.
The Vice President of Global Content and Community is a critical and strategic role for Biossance, a leader in clean skincare. This role will be responsible for developing and overseeing the execution of our global content marketing teams.
- Develop, execute and inspire a powerful, differentiated global content strategy to drive awareness, new customer acquisition, engagement, loyalty and accelerated business growth.
- Create a best-in-class content strategy that’s unique to Biossance and helps reinforce differentiated brand pillars.
- Position Biossance as the global leader in effective + clean skincare.
- Lead Biossance’s brand and product content campaigns, including messaging strategy and creative development.
- Develop a global content creation model that builds a world-class global team and balances global consistency with regional needs effectively; determine resource requirements across internal and external teams.
- Oversee Global Brand Content teams and programs, including content strategy, annual and seasonal content planning and execution, social media and Clean Academy
- Ensure content strategies are built on competitive and customer insights.
- Partner with Head of Creative to inspire creators to bring to life the most powerful, innovative digital content ideas.
- Partner with Sephora Marketing and other retail partners to optimize collaboration and shared content strategy to fuel Biossance’s growth across Sephora and other retailers’ channels.
- Partner with global retailers to optimize collaboration, develop comprehensive content strategy that drives online and brick and mortar growth & launch unique own-able content ideas.
- Drive Biossance’s sustainability content strategy, positioning brand as leading innovator, and related marketing.
- As part of managing social and community, build a community of clean loyalists.
- Key contact and relationship builder for global content creators.
- Continue to develop and lead industry leading Clean Academy vision and programming.
- Identify, negotiate and own strategic content partnerships that strengthen Biossance’s brand and reach.
- Coaching and mentor team members for success and hold them accountable for achieving results.
- Manage content development budgets.
- Partner with key internal and external stakeholders – including VP of Brand Awareness, VP of E-commerce, Senior Director of Acquisition, Senior Director of Retention, Head of Creative and Chief Digital Officer – to execute and deliver on content strategy and support the achievement of the organization’s growth goals.
- Partner with cross-functional leaders to identify process efficiencies, drive for results and lead together as a leadership group.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience
- 10+ years of content marketing experience
- Working experience scaling emerging, high growth global brands.
- Global Media, Beauty or Retail industry preferred
- Passion for skincare & beauty industry.
- Strategic and creative thinker with the ability to clearly communicate a vision and drive for innovation.
- Experience leading global cross-functional teams.
- Thrive in an ever-changing, fast-paced environment without losing sight of the customer experience.
- Team player who builds strong and effective partnerships.
- Team builder who develops and coaches team members to drive high performance and engagement.
- Ability to maneuver through the organization effectively, building trusting and effective relationships.
- Strong communication and presentation skills, being able to influence and persuade a diverse audience.
Amyris is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices.
The annual pay range for this role is $153,500 to $303,500
Salary offers are made based on internal equity and market analysis, and will vary based on the candidate’s skills, depth of experience and specific work location. This role is also eligible for incentive pay, equity in the form of Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) and stock options.
Amyris is committed to providing a diverse array of inclusive benefits and perks to support employees and their families’ wellbeing including access to robust healthcare, mental wellness benefits, family leave, discounted fitness memberships, education reimbursement, generous product discounts, flexible paid time off, 17 paid holidays, 10 paid sick days, and additional paid time off including 3 volunteer days, and bereavement. Sabbaticals are available after 5 years of continuous employment with Amyris.
No Compromise Beauty™
Biossance is a clean beauty brand that uses biotechnology to create skincare products that are effective, sustainable and safe. We formulate with a No Compromise™ approach—proudly blacklisting over 2,000 potentially harmful ingredients. Only the most trustworthy and powerful make our final cut.
It all began inside our Berkeley, California labs in 2003, where through biology and modern technology a plant-derived cure for malaria was created. Since then, over 120 million royalty-free treatments have been given, saving lives and communities. Inspired to keep positively changing the world through biotech, we turned to the ingredients people use on their bodies every day. And we asked how we could do better. Drawing on our rich history of science and sustainability, we create skincare products that are incredibly effective and safe without harming the environment. Because our standards for clean beauty are high—and our standards for ourselves are even higher.
Biossance products are available at Biossance.com and Sephora.
At Amyris, we believe that diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging (DEIB) is essential to our core values. We embrace and encourage an equity-minded work culture, knowing that it is the driving force of innovation that positively impacts our employees, consumers, and communities. And for Amyris, a sense of belonging is what drives our mission forward and is the foundation of everything we do, ensuring a healthier, more sustainable future for us all. Make Good, No Compromise.
Amyris (Nasdaq: AMRS) is a leading synthetic biotechnology company, transitioning the Clean Health & Beauty and Flavors & Fragrances markets to sustainable ingredients through fermentation and the company's proprietary Lab-to-Market™ technology platform. This Amyris platform leverages state-of-the-art machine learning, robotics and artificial intelligence, enabling the company to rapidly bring new innovation to market at commercial scale. Amyris ingredients are included in over 20,000 products from the world's top brands, reaching more than 300 million consumers. Amyris also owns and operates a family of consumer brands that is constantly evolving to meet the growing demand for sustainable, effective and accessible products. For more information, please visit http://www.amyris.com.
Amyris, the Amyris logo, No Compromise, Biossance, JVN, Pipette, Purecane, Rose Inc. and Lab-to-Market, Terasana are trademarks or registered trademarks of Amyris, Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.
Under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”), Amyris is required to inform California residents who are our job applicants (“Applicants”) about the personal information we collect about you when you apply to a job on this site.
As an Applicant, you have the right to know and understand the categories of personal information we collect about you, and the purposes for which the categories of personal information shall be used, pursuant to the CCPA.
By clicking the “APPLY FOR THIS JOB” button below and submitting your job application, you agree you have reviewed the complete Privacy Notice for Employees, Independent Contractors and Job Applicants.
If you have any questions regarding this information, please contact Amyris at firstname.lastname@example.org
As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, Amyris is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Amyris complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
If you are a recruiter or placement agency, please do not submit resumes to any person or email address at Amyris, Inc. prior to having a signed agreement. Amyris is not liable for and will not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved recruitment partners. Furthermore, any resumes sent to us without an agreement in place will be considered your company’s gift to Amyris and may be forwarded to our recruiters for their attention.