Product Development Intern (Biossance) (716)
Emeryville, CA /
Biossance – Biossance New Product Development /
Biossance is seeking a Product Development Intern to support the development, testing, compliance and sustainability of skincare and personal care products. This is an exciting opportunity for anyone interested in pursuing a career in Product Development, by working with industry specialists in marketing, formulation, testing and packaging, and gain hands-on experience in the full product concept to launch process. The assignments you will be working on will add value both to our company and to your development as a professional.
- Support New Product Development team in development, testing and compliance of new formulas and packaging
- Assist with creation and maintenance of an organized physical library including all project lab masters, PPS samples, vendor comps and submits
- Research raw materials, and physically and digitally organize samples and MSDS sheets
- Assist with product feedback process - sending test product out, developing questionnaires, collecting feedback and analyzing responses to help optimize formulas
- Organize chemicals screened by Biossance and building a data repository of raw materials and safety testing, including EWG pre-submission review
- Gather information on current legal limits and emerging controversy relevant to chemicals used in personal care and cosmetics industry using various databases and internet searches
- Research and compile best practices for sustainability of packaging, recyclability, and alternate programs.
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Environmental Sciences, Chemistry, Biochemistry and/or Public Health and Policy and has interest in green chemistry and sustainability
- Ideal candidate will have passion for and some experience in beauty and personal care, with an interest in cleaner, safer and more sustainable alternatives
- Strong organizational skills, extremely detail oriented and sense of urgency
- Must be as well as flexible and agile with constant changes and time restraints
- Strong verbal/written communication skills are essential - proficiency in Outlook, Excel, Word & PowerPoint is required
- Be a team player with an entrepreneurial spirit, while projecting a professional attitude and foster a positive team atmosphere
- Ability to participate within a multi-disciplinary team as well as acting autonomously as appropriate
No Compromise Beauty™
Biossance is a clean beauty brand that uses biotechnology to create skincare products that are effective, sustainable and safe. We formulate with a No Compromise™ approach—proudly blacklisting over 2,000 potentially harmful ingredients. Only the most trustworthy and powerful make our final cut.
It all began inside our Berkeley labs in 2003, where through biology and modern technology a plant-derived cure for malaria was created. Since then, over 120 million royalty-free treatments have been given, saving lives and communities. Inspired to keep positively changing the world through biotech, we turned to the ingredients people use on their bodies every day. And we asked how we could do better. Drawing on our rich history of science and sustainability, we create skincare products that are incredibly effective and safe without harming the environment. Because our standards for clean beauty are high—and our standards for ourselves are even higher.
Amyris, a leader in industrial synthetic biology, uses its innovative bioscience solutions to achieve renewable products by converting plant sugars into hydrocarbon molecules. Amyris’ molecules are used in wide range of specialty & performance chemicals, flavors & fragrances and in applications ranging from cosmetics to biofuels. Learn more at www.amyris.com.
Under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”), Amyris is required to inform California residents who are our job applicants (“Applicants”) about the personal information we collect about you when you apply to a job on this site.
As an Applicant, you have the right to know and understand the categories of personal information we collect about you, and the purposes for which the categories of personal information shall be used, pursuant to the CCPA.
By clicking the “APPLY FOR THIS JOB” button below and submitting your job application, you agree you have reviewed the complete Privacy Notice for Employees, Independent Contractors and Job Applicants.
If you have any questions regarding this information, please contact Amyris at firstname.lastname@example.org
As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, Amyris is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Amyris complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
If you are a recruiter or placement agency, please do not submit resumes to any person or email address at Amyris, Inc. prior to having a signed agreement. Amyris is not liable for and will not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved recruitment partners. Furthermore, any resumes sent to us without an agreement in place will be considered your company’s gift to Amyris and may be forwarded to our recruiters for their attention.