Quality Assurance Analyst (1016)
Lisbon, Portugal /
Portugal – Digital /
Groundbreaking advances in synthetic biology achieved at Amyris allow us to create products that are better and safer for humans and more sustainable for the planet. The Digital group is charged with creating connected experiences and back-end services to catapult our several consumer brands to global significance and impact.
Today, we serve Biossance, Pipette and Purecane. Among other projects, we are building two new brands that will launch later this year. We are creating a clean cosmetics line in partnership with Rosie Huntington-Whitely to launch on a new Rose, Inc. platform. We are creating a clean hair care brand, JVN Hair, in partnership with Jonathan Van Ness.
The compute ecosystem for the consumer business consists of Shopify, custom Shopify apps, Boomi, Azure Cloud, Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Zendesk, Domo, NetSuite, and other third party and internally-created software. This platform supports three live brands that have experienced tremendous growth.
We seek a talented, highly motivated and responsible Quality Assurance professional to be responsible for the verification and validation of new features, functionalities, and enhancements for our consumer e-commerce websites, back-end services and internal applications. You will work closely with the Digital development team and brand product owners in the creation of test scenarios, development and execution of test cases, analysis of test results, detection and documentation of defects, and validation of bug fixes. You will be working in a fast paced, collaborative, Agile environment.
- Perform various testing types and techniques such as exploratory, functional, black box, browser compatibility, usability, end-to-end, user acceptance and regression including but not limited to integration and synthetic testing
- Develop, document, and maintain manual and automated test scripts and test cases based on business requirements, functional and technical requirements, user stories and business use cases
- Identify, document (ticketing + online shared docs) and track bugs, UX issues and defects, follow issues until they get resolved.
- Sign off on feature deployments after successful validation
- Work with database queries, parse data or any other source to generated test data
- Troubleshoot issues and read log files
- Provide test status updates and defect report
- Collaborate with cross functional teams
- Provide QA support for scheduled deployments/releases
- Work with the Digital development team to review test gaps and adjust the correct test levels among frontend, backend, analytics
- Develop strong relationships to collaborate effectively with colleagues within our group as well as cross functionally.
- Gain a deep understanding of our products and the customer experience to think and speak from the customer viewpoint.
- Use your passion, skills and wisdom to bring our digital platforms to their full potential in service of the best customer experience and growth for our brands.
- Work with the development teams to find functional, technical and Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) compliance issues.
- Curious and clever, you love to figure out how to break things!
- Bachelor’s degree
- Trilingual in French/Portuguese/English
- Strong interest in computer software including testing
- Solid understanding of software testing methodologies and software development life cycle process, Agile testing methodology, test scripting, and at least 2 years of cumulative manual testing experience
- Software testing certifications, preferred
- QA/testing tool training and certification, preferred
- Experience writing test scripts preferable in Postman, SoapUI and Selenium
- Experience with relational and document-oriented databases
- Experience with cloud-based applications
- Familiarity with functional test automation
- Excellent documentation skills
- Ability to estimate test effort, to identify and track defects, and to monitor/measure testing progress
- Minimum 2 years experience in analyzing business requirements and use cases to create and execute test plans
- Minimum 1 year experience with web-based applications and e-commerce site
- Expertise in any programming language (Python, Java, .Net, Bash, Groovy)
- Proficient with MS Office, Google Suite and Jira
- Strong communication, interpersonal, analytical and problem-solving skills
- A customer focus, a strong drive for results, and a collaborative team player
- Ability to interpret and advise based on Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 AA and 2.1 AA standards.
- Experience with Shopify Plus, Magento, BigCommerce or other ecommerce solutions is a plus
- Experience with other elements of our architecture such as Google Analytics, Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Microsoft Azure Cloud DB is a plus.
- Experience with continuous integration (CI) and automation frameworks is a plus
Amyris BIO Products Portugal, Unipessoal, Lda is the Controller of the processing of personal data according to Regulation (UE) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation).
The personal data processed in the context of this tender is intended for the preparation of the tender and shall be also processed by Universidade Católica Portuguesa to which Amyris BIO Products Portugal, Unipessoal, Lda has subcontracted the processing of this recruitment process.
The personal data processed in the context of this tender is intended for the preparation of the tender and shall verifying compliance, by the candidate, of the requisites established in the legally applicable legislation for hiring. Opposition by the candidate to the processing of personal data will render the admission of the application unviable and, consequently, also of the analysis and evaluation of the application and eventual hiring.
When indispensable to comply with the obligations of Amyris BIO Products Portugal, Unipessoal, Lda, the personal data of the Data Subject may be communicated to third-parties, namely, the ANI-Agência Nacional de Inovação, S.A and AICEP - Agência para o Investimento e Comércio Externo de Portugal. This data may also be processed by other entities which Amyris BIO Products Portugal, Unipessoal, Lda has subcontracted for such purpose besides UCP–Universidade Católica Portuguesa.
The personal data may be kept for the legally allowed period.
The Data Subject is entitled to oppose processing, verify, correct, erase and limit the use of the data collected. However, the exercise of such rights may be excluded when the personal data is used to protect public interest, namely in the detection and prevention of crimes or when subject to professional rules of confidentiality. For purposes of exercising the respective rights, contact the Amyris BIO Products Portugal, Unipessoal, Lda, through the firstname.lastname@example.org (Claudia Muller). The Data Subject is always entitled to contact and file a complaint with the Comissão Nacional de Proteção de Dados.