Web Developer (1018)
Lisbon, Portugal /
Portugal – Digital /
Groundbreaking advances in synthetic biology achieved at Amyris allow us to create products that are better and safer for humans and more sustainable for the planet. The Digital group is charged with creating connected experiences and back-end services to catapult our several consumer brands to global significance and impact.
Today, we serve Biossance, Pipette and Purecane. Among other projects, we are building two new brands that will launch later this year. We are creating a clean cosmetics line in partnership with Rosie Huntington-Whitely to launch on a new Rose, Inc. platform. We are creating a clean hair care brand, JVN Hair, in partnership with Jonathan Van Ness.
We seek a talented, experienced web developer to help optimize our browsing and shopping experiences to drive consumer happiness, retention, and revenue. Our stack includes Shopify, custom Shopify apps, Boomi, Azure Cloud, Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Zendesk, Domo, NetSuite, and other third party and internally-created software. The Web Developer will work proactively to recommend solutions to enhance functionality, performance, and extensibility of our sites and tech stack. This role partners closely with our brand teams on technical aspects of web related projects and collaborates with project managers & business stakeholders on priorities, feasibility, and timelines.
- Create and maintain beautiful, mobile-friendly user interfaces for Amyris.com and our various brands sites.
- Develop strong relationships to collaborate effectively with designers, marketers, product managers, and developers to establish and implement their design vision.
- Maintain up-to-date documentation of design solutions.
- Explain potential opportunities and project risks to management.
- Assist the project managers with time and budget estimations.
- Contribute to the development/evolution of the Digital team.
- Gain a deep understanding of our products and the customer experience to think and speak from the customer viewpoint.
- Use your passion, skills and wisdom to bring our digital platforms to their full potential in service of the best customer experience and growth for our brands.
- Deep knowledge to create responsive websites.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience, ideally in computer science or a related field
- At least 3 years of Front End Development (HTML/CSS)
- Experience with REST APIs, both client and server-side.
- Experience working with modern front-end frameworks like React and AngularJS.
- Expert in creating full CSS and HTML layouts.
- Proven ability to deliver quality code within scope, budget and deadlines.
- Demonstrate consistent follow-through on internal assignments and initiatives.
- Experience with Agile methodology
- Be pleasant to work with!
- Ability to ask appropriate questions and communicate effectively to a broad range of people including users, designers, executives, marketers, producers, and technical staff.
- Can translate complex user requirements and functional specifications into a tangible design for the design and technology team.
- Experience with table-free, standards compliant CSS layouts.
- Attention to detail and a strong sense of organisation.
- An understanding of different web applications and the design constraints of each platform.
- Willing to learn, share knowledge and take leadership from industry experts.
- Experience with Jira.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, analytical and problem-solving skills
- A customer focus, a strong drive for results, and a collaborative team player
- Experience with Shopify and better yet Shopify apps development
- Experience with other elements of our architecture such as Google Analytics, Boomi, Domo, Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Klaviyo, Hubspot, Netsuite, and Microsoft Azure Cloud a plus
Amyris BIO Products Portugal, Unipessoal, Lda is the Controller of the processing of personal data according to Regulation (UE) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation).
The personal data processed in the context of this tender is intended for the preparation of the tender and shall be also processed by Universidade Católica Portuguesa to which Amyris BIO Products Portugal, Unipessoal, Lda has subcontracted the processing of this recruitment process.
The personal data processed in the context of this tender is intended for the preparation of the tender and shall verifying compliance, by the candidate, of the requisites established in the legally applicable legislation for hiring. Opposition by the candidate to the processing of personal data will render the admission of the application unviable and, consequently, also of the analysis and evaluation of the application and eventual hiring.
When indispensable to comply with the obligations of Amyris BIO Products Portugal, Unipessoal, Lda, the personal data of the Data Subject may be communicated to third-parties, namely, the ANI-Agência Nacional de Inovação, S.A and AICEP - Agência para o Investimento e Comércio Externo de Portugal. This data may also be processed by other entities which Amyris BIO Products Portugal, Unipessoal, Lda has subcontracted for such purpose besides UCP–Universidade Católica Portuguesa.
The personal data may be kept for the legally allowed period.
The Data Subject is entitled to oppose processing, verify, correct, erase and limit the use of the data collected. However, the exercise of such rights may be excluded when the personal data is used to protect public interest, namely in the detection and prevention of crimes or when subject to professional rules of confidentiality. For purposes of exercising the respective rights, contact the Amyris BIO Products Portugal, Unipessoal, Lda, through the firstname.lastname@example.org (Claudia Muller). The Data Subject is always entitled to contact and file a complaint with the Comissão Nacional de Proteção de Dados.