Pilot Plant Manager
Manufacturing and Operations – Pilot Plant
Amyris is currently seeking an individual to manage the fermentation lead, downstream lead and technical supports for small-scale production efforts in the pilot plant. The successful candidate will work closely with members of the pilot plant and process development teams.
- Ensure a safe work environment for all pilot plant operations.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate the pilot plant team during a period of growth, shifting priorities, and expanding capabilities
- Collaborate directly with the associate director to maintain the pilot plant schedule.
- Manage daily activities to meet project needs while providing opportunities for growth to the team.
- Accountability for experimental results to be of high quality with turnaround times being short.
- Contribute to technical discussions and provide technical support for pilot plant processes in the areas of fermentation & downstream production.
- Lead and support the transfer of processes from R&D to pilot plant.
- Own the critical metrics through control charting of operational performance.
- Lead the continuous improvement of operations that drive efficiencies.
- Build upon robust pilot plant policies, practices and documented protocols (SOPs, BRs, etc.).
- Monitor processes and identify deviations and/or opportunities for improvement.
- Troubleshoot processes and provide technical feedback as needed.
- Provide leadership for pilot plant operations for one or more projects.
- Experience and superior track record in industrial safety as a priority
- BS degree in Chemical Engineering or related field with exceptional prior industrial experience
- 6 years of experience with no less than 2 years of management experience
- Demonstrated leadership as an area manager
- Strong fermentation and/or purification technical and operational experience in a biotechnology environment
- Demonstrated ability to translate technology from R&D into pilot processes
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Effective planning and organization skills
- Readily available to the facility (via phone, email, and responsive to equipment alarming systems)
- Demonstrated ability to motivate the pilot plant team to perform beyond their self-perceived abilities
- Technology transfer experience a plus
- Embrace Amyris Core Values
Amyris, a leader in industrial synthetic biology, uses its innovative bioscience solutions to achieve renewable products by converting plant sugars into hydrocarbon molecules. Amyris’ molecules are used in wide range of specialty & performance chemicals, flavors & fragrances and in applications ranging from cosmetics to biofuels. Learn more at www.amyris.com.
Under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”), Amyris is required to inform California residents who are our job applicants (“Applicants”) about the personal information we collect about you when you apply to a job on this site.
As an Applicant, you have the right to know and understand the categories of personal information we collect about you, and the purposes for which the categories of personal information shall be used, pursuant to the CCPA.
By clicking the “APPLY FOR THIS JOB” button below and submitting your job application, you agree you have reviewed the complete Privacy Notice for Employees, Independent Contractors and Job Applicants.
If you have any questions regarding this information, please contact Amyris at firstname.lastname@example.org
As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, Amyris is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Amyris complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
If you are a recruiter or placement agency, please do not submit resumes to any person or email address at Amyris, Inc. prior to having a signed agreement. Amyris is not liable for and will not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved recruitment partners. Furthermore, any resumes sent to us without an agreement in place will be considered your company’s gift to Amyris and may be forwarded to our recruiters for their attention.