Associate Director, Performance Marketing (3527)
Jonathan Van Ness Hair – JVN eCommerce /
At Amyris, we value that everyone’s career journey is unique and authentic to who they are. If this role excites you, we encourage you to apply and grow alongside us! You may be just the right candidate for this or other open roles.
The JVN team at Amyris is looking for a skilled Associate Director, Performance Marketing to join the team to drive rapid growth of jvnhair.com and our retailer partners. This role will be focused primarily on optimizing for both acquisition and remarketing through paid channels. The ideal candidate will have an eCommerce background and the ability to be flexible and solutions-oriented in a fast-paced, fast-growing business environment. This role will report to the Sr. Director of Ecommerce.
- Own the channel strategy and management across the performance marketing mix, including paid social, search, display, affiliates, sponsored content, connected TV etc.
- Align performance marketing goals to OPEX budget and ensure efficiency of spend & return
- Oversee performance marketing programs with a focus on core metrics, testing & optimization while staying on-brand
- Clearly communicate KPIs, insights, and areas of opportunities across channels
- Plan, execute, and measure experiments and conversion tests to lower CAC and increase conversions
- Develop innovative CRM and full-funnel strategies utilizing customer cohort data to build on customer LTV
- Collaborate with internal teams to create mobile-first landing pages and optimize the end-to-end user experience
- Partner with the ecommerce team and leverage performance marketing analytics to evaluate the end-to-end customer experience across multiple channels and customer touch points, and optimize conversion rate
- Own the relationship with all performance marketing vendors & agencies
- Implement marketing attribution capabilities incl. media mix modeling and multi-touch attribution as well as build out and advancement of these capabilities for use in planning and day-to-day channel management
- Analyze funnel/channel/ad unit analytics and present key learnings and opportunities for improvement
- Partner with Analytics team to build out marketing dashboards that dive deep into attribution, customer analysis and audience insights
- Grow the upper funnel awareness channels to drive consideration and traffic, while tightening the bottom full for ROAS efficiencies
- Work through the iOS14 impact to build upon our CRM and grow 1st party data
- Work with cross channel stakeholders to build thoughtful 360 campaigns
- Partner with Brand Marketing team on influencer and community strategy
- Work with sales team in driving strategy for localized marketing campaigns
- Create dominating brand presence in 5 of our top cities
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience 9+ years of site, digital marketing experience (ecommerce preferred)
- Previous success working in fast-paced, fast-growth B2C businesses
- 4+ years of experience managing teams
- Strategic + Hands-On: Experience crafting strategy as well as tactical implementation
- Data-Driven + Excellent Communication Skills: Strong analytical skills analyzing large data sets and turning them into actionable insights
- Detail-oriented, flexible with an ability to multi-task and juggle shifting priorities
- Organized, strong project management skills with proven track record of delivering high quality work under tight timelines
- Self-Motivated + Team-Oriented: Works well independently and collaboratively with all levels of the organization
- Decisive + Accountable: Must demonstrate sound decision-making and ability to react quickly under pressure. Operates effectively in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Entrepreneurial and has a strong work ethic
Amyris is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices.
The annual pay range for this role is $111,500-176,000. Salary offers are made based on internal equity and market analysis, and will vary based on the candidate’s skills, depth of experience and specific work location. This role is also eligible for incentive pay and equity in the form of Restricted Stock Units (RSUs).
Amyris is committed to providing a diverse array of inclusive benefits and perks to support employees and their families’ wellbeing including access to robust healthcare, mental wellness benefits, family leave, discounted fitness memberships, education reimbursement, generous product discounts, flexible paid time off, 17 paid holidays, 10 paid sick days, and additional paid time off including 3 volunteer days, and bereavement. Sabbaticals are available after 5 years of continuous employment with Amyris.
We hold deep regard in the power of representation and cultivation of a diverse work environment. Join us at Amyris, where you can find a sense of belonging and know that your voice is centered.
At Amyris, we believe that diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging (DEIB) is essential to our core values. We embrace and encourage an equity-minded work culture, knowing that it is the driving force of innovation that positively impacts our employees, consumers, and communities. And for Amyris, a sense of belonging is what drives our mission forward and is the foundation of everything we do, ensuring a healthier, more sustainable future for us all. Make Good, No Compromise.
Amyris (Nasdaq: AMRS) is a leading synthetic biotechnology company, transitioning the Clean Health & Beauty and Flavors & Fragrances markets to sustainable ingredients through fermentation and the company's proprietary Lab-to-Market™ technology platform. This Amyris platform leverages state-of-the-art machine learning, robotics and artificial intelligence, enabling the company to rapidly bring new innovation to market at commercial scale. Amyris ingredients are included in over 20,000 products from the world's top brands, reaching more than 300 million consumers. Amyris also owns and operates a family of consumer brands that is constantly evolving to meet the growing demand for sustainable, effective and accessible products. For more information, please visit http://www.amyris.com.
Amyris, the Amyris logo, No Compromise, Biossance, JVN, Pipette, Purecane, Rose Inc. and Lab-to-Market, Terasana are trademarks or registered trademarks of Amyris, Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.
Under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”), Amyris is required to inform California residents who are our job applicants (“Applicants”) about the personal information we collect about you when you apply to a job on this site.
As an Applicant, you have the right to know and understand the categories of personal information we collect about you, and the purposes for which the categories of personal information shall be used, pursuant to the CCPA.
By clicking the “APPLY FOR THIS JOB” button below and submitting your job application, you agree you have reviewed the complete Privacy Notice for Employees, Independent Contractors and Job Applicants.
If you have any questions regarding this information, please contact Amyris at email@example.com
As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, Amyris is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Amyris complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
If you are a recruiter or placement agency, please do not submit resumes to any person or email address at Amyris, Inc. prior to having a signed agreement. Amyris is not liable for and will not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved recruitment partners. Furthermore, any resumes sent to us without an agreement in place will be considered your company’s gift to Amyris and may be forwarded to our recruiters for their attention.