Senior Corporate Counsel
Legal – Legal
Amyris is seeking a corporate and securities attorney capable of assuming primary responsibility for selected areas of in-house legal representation. The attorney will work closely with Amyris’ General Counsel, other members of Amyris’ in-house legal team, outside counsel, and multiple client groups within the company.
- Provide legal counsel in connection with all corporate activities, assisting in preparing SEC reports and disclosures (including reviewing and advising on 10-Ks and 10-Qs, drafting 8-Ks, drafting proxy statements, overseeing Section 16 reporting, and managing legal aspects of SEC reporting process).
- Establish and run stockholder meeting processes, assisting with corporate compliance and governance practices, preparing legal materials for Board and Board committee meetings, drafting minutes of Board and Board committee meetings, overseeing corporate governance for domestic and international subsidiaries, running corporate financing transactions, managing documentation relating to Amyris’ indebtedness and derivative securities, assisting HR with compensation matters (including executive compensation, employment agreements and employee benefits).
- Overseeing equity plan administration, managing outside counsel and supporting special projects and finance operations as needed. The successful candidate will also mentor and direct activities of a corporate counsel and other legal staff, work collaboratively and responsively with a broad range of people domestically and internationally, and maintain and build great relationships between legal, corporate, finance, human resources and operations.
- Other responsibilities could include reviewing, drafting, negotiating and interpreting a wide variety of commercial and finance contracts, leading or assisting in strategic transaction negotiations, managing litigation counsel, and assisting in HR and employment matters.
- Strong academic background, including JD from a top U.S. law school
- Licensed to practice law in California or be registered as in-house counsel
- 7 to 12 years of experience, including at least 5 years at a nationally recognized law firm, including significant work in a corporate & securities practice, and 2 to 4 years of experience as in-house counsel responsible for securities matters, equity plans, corporate governance and board processes
- Comfort working with regulatory authorities and their representatives, including stock markets and SEC
- Very strong general contract and SEC disclosure drafting skills
- Experience with labor and employment law (or oversight of such matters with assistance from outside counsel) a plus
- Excellent ability to issue spot and integrate legal advice with business goals
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate concisely
- Extremely strong interpersonal skills including maturity, creativity and a high energy level
- Team-oriented and able to interact effectively and influence peers and all levels of management
- Ability to work well in a cross-functional team environment, as well as in a small team environment and become a productive and positive member of the Legal Department
- Embrace Amyris Core Values
Amyris, a leader in industrial synthetic biology, uses its innovative bioscience solutions to achieve renewable products by converting plant sugars into hydrocarbon molecules. Amyris’ molecules are used in wide range of specialty & performance chemicals, flavors & fragrances and in applications ranging from cosmetics to biofuels. Learn more at www.amyris.com.
Under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”), Amyris is required to inform California residents who are our job applicants (“Applicants”) about the personal information we collect about you when you apply to a job on this site.
As an Applicant, you have the right to know and understand the categories of personal information we collect about you, and the purposes for which the categories of personal information shall be used, pursuant to the CCPA.
By clicking the “APPLY FOR THIS JOB” button below and submitting your job application, you agree you have reviewed the complete Privacy Notice for Employees, Independent Contractors and Job Applicants.
If you have any questions regarding this information, please contact Amyris at email@example.com
As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, Amyris is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Amyris complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
If you are a recruiter or placement agency, please do not submit resumes to any person or email address at Amyris, Inc. prior to having a signed agreement. Amyris is not liable for and will not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved recruitment partners. Furthermore, any resumes sent to us without an agreement in place will be considered your company’s gift to Amyris and may be forwarded to our recruiters for their attention.