BASE Software Developer (858)
Porto, Portugal /
Research and Development – Bioinformatics & Software Engineering (Porto) /
Amyris is the integrated renewable products company that is enabling the world's leading brands to achieve sustainable growth. Amyris applies its innovative bioscience solutions to convert plant sugars into hydrocarbon molecules and produce specialty ingredients and consumer products. The company is delivering its No Compromise™ products and services across a number of markets, including specialty and performance chemicals, flavors and fragrances, cosmetics ingredients, pharmaceuticals, and nutraceuticals.
We are looking for Software Developers to join our Porto team of smart, highly motivated individuals dedicated to working together to create a cleaner, more sustainable future.
- Develop cloud-based tools and services that will facilitate building and testing microbial strains used in industrial biotechnology
- Contribute to design and implementation of these tools;
- Work closely with a cross-disciplinary team of Software Engineers, Computational Biologists, and Scientists to implement solutions
- A BS in Computer Science or a related field such as mathematics, physics, computational biology, electrical engineering, bioengineering;
- A strong appetite to learn and the ability to apply new skills;
- Strong communication skills;
- Strong working competency in English.
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Embrace Amyris Core Values
- Adherence to Amyris Safety Policies and Procedures
Nice to have
- Experience working on large projects with multiple contributors, automated software tests, distributed VCS, and continuous integration
- A strong sense of software best practices
- Experience building web-based, SAAS style applications
- Experience with Unix based operating systems
- Experience with data science tools
- Background or strong interest in a biological science
- Competitive salary based on your skills (x14)
- Interesting international projects in cutting-edge technology
- Great work environment
- Flexible work schedule
- Budget for events
- Meal allowance
- Training and education budget
At Amyris, we believe that diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging (DEIB) is essential to our core values. We embrace and encourage an equity-minded work culture, knowing that it is the driving force of innovation that positively impacts our employees, consumers, and communities. And for Amyris, a sense of belonging is what drives our mission forward and is the foundation of everything we do, ensuring a healthier, more sustainable future for us all. Make Good, No Compromise.
Amyris (Nasdaq: AMRS) is a leading synthetic biotechnology company, transitioning the Clean Health & Beauty and Flavors & Fragrances markets to sustainable ingredients through fermentation and the company's proprietary Lab-to-Market™ technology platform. This Amyris platform leverages state-of-the-art machine learning, robotics and artificial intelligence, enabling the company to rapidly bring new innovation to market at commercial scale. Amyris ingredients are included in over 20,000 products from the world's top brands, reaching more than 300 million consumers. Amyris also owns and operates a family of consumer brands that is constantly evolving to meet the growing demand for sustainable, effective and accessible products. For more information, please visit http://www.amyris.com.
Amyris, the Amyris logo, No Compromise, Biossance, JVN, Pipette, Purecane, Rose Inc. and Lab-to-Market, Terasana are trademarks or registered trademarks of Amyris, Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.
By clicking the “APPLY FOR THIS JOB” button below and submitting your job application, you agree you have reviewed the complete Privacy Notice for Employees, Independent Contractors and Job Applicants.
If you have any questions regarding this information, please contact Amyris at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are a recruiter or placement agency, please do not submit resumes to any person or email address at Amyris, Inc. prior to having a signed agreement. Amyris is not liable for and will not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved recruitment partners. Furthermore, any resumes sent to us without an agreement in place will be considered your company’s gift to Amyris and may be forwarded to our recruiters for their attention.