Associate Director, Sales & Business Development, US & Canada (723)
Sweeteners & Ingredients – Sweeteners /
The PurecaneTM Associate Director, Sales & Business Development will hold a sales and business development role, reporting to the Vice President, Business Development and Sales, Sugar Reduction. The PurecaneTM Associate Director, Sales & Business Development is responsible for revenue generation and growth through excellent customer relationship management with existing customers, and building and managing a growing pipeline of new customers.
The position is focused on the US and Canada region, using education and engagement to make Amyris the supplier of choice for sugar-reduction with PurecaneTM, its zero-calorie, natural, high potency sweetener (Reb M). The incumbent and their VP will design and implement the strategic business development plan to deliver quarterly and revenue targets and for year-over-year growth. It is a MUST to have a strong sales background, and experience with high potency sweeteners and the Food & Beverage industry.
- With their team leader, develop and execute strategies to meet and exceed current and future-year sales plans
- Manage customer relationships and development pipeline to deliver quarterly and annual revenue targets
- Develop, update, and network demand and revenue forecasts for alignment and tracking
- Negotiate sales deals, and with Legal, prepares Agreements, within the bounds set by VP Business Development & Sales, consistent with the company’s legal and financial guidelines
- Develop solid relationships and networking with key decision makers within their customer base
- Develop individual business growth plans for the most relevant accounts
- Work closely with colleagues across Purecane, in Supply Chain, Quality, and Finance to ensure supply is available to meet customer needs, purchase orders are received, and customers’ accounts remain current
- Live ethical and safe behavior in all work and business activities
- Track and provide information, expertise and competitive intelligence
- Increase PurecaneTM market awareness through events, trade shows, seminars, lectures
- Establish and maintain effective cross-functional relationships internally and externally
- Travel 40%+ in keeping with maintaining personal safety and corporate travel guidelines
- Location – this is a home-based role, no relocation necessary
- Bachelor’s degree
- 10+ years professional experience, at least 5+ years of related business sales experience. B2B Sweetener and Food and Beverage Industry experience is a must
- A proven sales growth track record
- Excellent customer management skills
- Must demonstrate strong interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills
- Familiarity with CRM tools, ability to create spreadsheets and build presentations
- Thrives on an environment that is fast-paced, rapidly changing, and customer service-oriented
- Able to handle multiple priorities while meeting objectives
- Team player who builds strong, effective partnerships
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Embrace Amyris Core Values
Amyris, a leader in industrial synthetic biology, uses its innovative bioscience solutions to achieve renewable products by converting plant sugars into hydrocarbon molecules. Amyris’ molecules are used in wide range of specialty & performance chemicals, flavors & fragrances and in applications ranging from cosmetics to biofuels. Learn more at www.amyris.com.
Under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”), Amyris is required to inform California residents who are our job applicants (“Applicants”) about the personal information we collect about you when you apply to a job on this site.
As an Applicant, you have the right to know and understand the categories of personal information we collect about you, and the purposes for which the categories of personal information shall be used, pursuant to the CCPA.
By clicking the “APPLY FOR THIS JOB” button below and submitting your job application, you agree you have reviewed the complete Privacy Notice for Employees, Independent Contractors and Job Applicants.
If you have any questions regarding this information, please contact Amyris at email@example.com
As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, Amyris is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Amyris complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
If you are a recruiter or placement agency, please do not submit resumes to any person or email address at Amyris, Inc. prior to having a signed agreement. Amyris is not liable for and will not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved recruitment partners. Furthermore, any resumes sent to us without an agreement in place will be considered your company’s gift to Amyris and may be forwarded to our recruiters for their attention.