Service Desk Technician (3794)
General & Administration – Information Technology /
At Amyris, we value that everyone’s career journey is unique and authentic to who they are. If this role excites you, we encourage you to apply and grow alongside us! You may be just the right candidate for this or other open roles.
Service Desk Technician should have experience in a Windows Enterprise environment. This person will be stationed in our UK office for onsite support as well as supporting the multiple Portugal offices. This person will assist our 1600+ internal customers with computer hardware and software issues for our global environment. The person will also work via remote connection and assist with hardware installations, software upgrades, system integrations and basic IT related issues reported via our ticketing system (Jira IT Service Management). The self-motivated candidate will work independently with little oversight and assist on solving larger enterprise issues. This position reports directly to the Associate Director of IT Operations.
- Serve as first point of contact for UK, Portugal offices plus other European countries as required with expansion
- Maintain meeting room AV kit (Teams in Amyris) and large video displays screens in reception
- Help with WiFi and network issues across all floors of the London office
- Perform remote troubleshooting through diagnostic techniques and pertinent questions
- Determine the best solution based on the issue and details provided by customers
- Walk the internal customer through the problem-solving process
- Direct unresolved issues to the next level of support personnel
- Provide accurate information on IT products and services
- Record events and problems and their resolution in tickets
- Works independently with users and executives to support their IT issues
- Work with internal customers through a ticketing queue and provide a high service level of desktop support
- Set up new employees’ workstations- PC & MAC platforms and Operating Systems
- PC and Mac troubleshooting as well as helping retrieve laptops from terminations and then wiping their data to reuse the laptops.
- PC troubleshooting skills in a Windows 10 and Office 2013/2016/O365 environment
- Familiarity with troubleshooting and configuration of macOS and Office 2011/2016/O365 on Mac
- Create and maintain Knowledge articles
- Work in AD to maintain user accounts, groups, computer objects and GPO’s
- Maintain mobile device management (Intune)
- Polycom phone and video conferencing equipment, Digium Switchvox PBX experience a plus
- Set up and maintain printers, phones and desktop areas as needed
- Collaborate and work with the Service desk team to continual improve services
- Be available for after hours or on-call weekend support as required
- Available for travel to Portugal as needed
- Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned
- Demonstrate experience in Windows and Mac Desktop support
- Technical authorization with one or more of the following manufactures: Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo
- Enterprise level expertise in Win 7, Win 10, Office 2016, Office365
- Experience with remote desktop management, SCCM, scripting and Mobile devices and operating systems
- Can work under pressure and be flexible in a growing and changing environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with attention to detail
- Good interpersonal skills and organizational skills
Nice to have:
- A plus to understand Windows and Google Programs and systems
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline
We hold deep regard in the power of representation and cultivation of a diverse work environment. Join us at Amyris, where you can find a sense of belonging and know that your voice is centered.
At Amyris, we believe that diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging (DEIB) is essential to our core values. We embrace and encourage an equity-minded work culture, knowing that it is the driving force of innovation that positively impacts our employees, consumers, and communities. And for Amyris, a sense of belonging is what drives our mission forward and is the foundation of everything we do, ensuring a healthier, more sustainable future for us all. Make Good, No Compromise.
Amyris (Nasdaq: AMRS) is a leading synthetic biotechnology company, transitioning the Clean Health & Beauty and Flavors & Fragrances markets to sustainable ingredients through fermentation and the company's proprietary Lab-to-Market™ technology platform. This Amyris platform leverages state-of-the-art machine learning, robotics and artificial intelligence, enabling the company to rapidly bring new innovation to market at commercial scale. Amyris ingredients are included in over 20,000 products from the world's top brands, reaching more than 300 million consumers. Amyris also owns and operates a family of consumer brands that is constantly evolving to meet the growing demand for sustainable, effective and accessible products. For more information, please visit http://www.amyris.com.
Amyris, the Amyris logo, No Compromise, Biossance, JVN, Pipette, Purecane, Rose Inc. and Lab-to-Market, Terasana are trademarks or registered trademarks of Amyris, Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.
Under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”), Amyris is required to inform California residents who are our job applicants (“Applicants”) about the personal information we collect about you when you apply to a job on this site.
As an Applicant, you have the right to know and understand the categories of personal information we collect about you, and the purposes for which the categories of personal information shall be used, pursuant to the CCPA.
By clicking the “APPLY FOR THIS JOB” button below and submitting your job application, you agree you have reviewed the complete Privacy Notice for Employees, Independent Contractors and Job Applicants.
If you have any questions regarding this information, please contact Amyris at email@example.com
As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, Amyris is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Amyris complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
If you are a recruiter or placement agency, please do not submit resumes to any person or email address at Amyris, Inc. prior to having a signed agreement. Amyris is not liable for and will not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved recruitment partners. Furthermore, any resumes sent to us without an agreement in place will be considered your company’s gift to Amyris and may be forwarded to our recruiters for their attention.