Quality Assurance Engineer 3
Manufacturing and Operations – Quality
Amyris is seeking a highly-motivated and collaborative Quality Assurance Engineer III to develop and implement quality systems across global sites in both research and manufacturing. The Quality Assurance Engineer III will be responsible for: (1) ensuring intermediate and final products are within specifications, (2) implementing and upkeep of appropriate quality tracking records, (3) leading the investigation of and correcting non-conformances, (4) maintain the stability program for new and existing products, and (5) supporting new product development teams by implementing Quality Management Systems (QMS). The QMS’s will span across functions including suppliers, analytics, manufacturing, CMO’s, development and product. The successful candidate will have excellent cross-functional communication skills in interfacing with multiple groups. In addition, experience interfacing with external collaborators to support manufacturing and scale-up activities is required.
- Develop and implement quality systems across customer groups, manufacturing and research sites
- Ensure alignment of product testing with customer requirements to ensure delivery of product that meets specifications
- Ability to analyze data and make recommendations
- Ensure proper QMS’s for control of materials, manufacturing and packaging operations, sanitation, test and inspection, and final disposition of the product.
- Work with Quality Control, Logistics, R&D and Product Management to ensure that all documentation, specifications and methodology are in place to support manufacturing and ensure complete customer satisfaction.
- Identify, investigate, and coordinate responses to internal and external non-conformances
- Maintain appropriate quality tracking records (certificates of analyses, control charts, calibration records etc.)
- Participate in the review of existing and proposed specifications, standard operating procedures, and manufacturing batch records
- Provide specification development, manufacturing capability review and approval of all new customer specs.
- Develop stability protocols to ensure new and existing products meet stability requirements.
- Support disposition of product as necessary to support business development
- Provide final release authority on all customer products and samples
- 4+ years of Quality Assurance experience in chemical / continuous flow manufacturing
- BS in Chemistry or Engineering degree
- Energetic, highly self-motivated and able to work efficiently and productively in a rapidly-growing company
- Strong ability to evaluate processes and to facilitate effective change
- Excellent cross-functional collaboration, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to work independently to support quality goals
- Proficiency in writing and oral presentations
- Ability to travel as needed approximately 25% of time
- ISO9000 corporate qualification and compliance experience is a plus
Amyris, a leader in industrial synthetic biology, uses its innovative bioscience solutions to achieve renewable products by converting plant sugars into hydrocarbon molecules. Amyris’ molecules are used in wide range of specialty & performance chemicals, flavors & fragrances and in applications ranging from cosmetics to biofuels. Learn more at www.amyris.com.
Under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”), Amyris is required to inform California residents who are our job applicants (“Applicants”) about the personal information we collect about you when you apply to a job on this site.
As an Applicant, you have the right to know and understand the categories of personal information we collect about you, and the purposes for which the categories of personal information shall be used, pursuant to the CCPA.
By clicking the “APPLY FOR THIS JOB” button below and submitting your job application, you agree you have reviewed the complete Privacy Notice for Employees, Independent Contractors and Job Applicants.
If you have any questions regarding this information, please contact Amyris at firstname.lastname@example.org
As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, Amyris is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Amyris complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
If you are a recruiter or placement agency, please do not submit resumes to any person or email address at Amyris, Inc. prior to having a signed agreement. Amyris is not liable for and will not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved recruitment partners. Furthermore, any resumes sent to us without an agreement in place will be considered your company’s gift to Amyris and may be forwarded to our recruiters for their attention.