Cybersecurity Lead (3885)
General & Administration – Information Technology /
At Amyris, we value that everyone’s career journey is unique and authentic to who they are. If this role excites you, we encourage you to apply and grow alongside us! You may be just the right candidate for this or other open roles.
Amyris, a leader in synthetic biology is seeking an experienced Cybersecurity Lead.
Amyris has a large data and application footprint in multiple geographies. The leader will be responsible for securing our data footprint, network topology, infrastructure and applications to help Amyris scale while helping to keep our business assets confidential, with integrity and available. In addition, this role will lead all aspects of securing/hardening our platforms as well as providing expertise on policy and strategic functions for the entire company.
This position will require you to design and implement solutions from the ground up – and to have a real impact on Amyris’ ability to deliver synthetic organisms. This role is responsible for expert cyber security skills, threat hunting and enhanced development of our Cybersecurity efforts. In this role, you will be expected to work independently and make decisions.
- Monitors networks for security events and alerts to potential/active threats, intrusions, and/or indicators of compromise through advanced analysis and threat hunting
- Handles escalated malicious incidents that requires deep investigation and response planning
- Investigate and validate phishing email reports, email filter quarantines and other incidents as assigned
- Perform advanced threat hunting techniques for threats that cannot be identified using existing automated security tools
- Investigate and analyze internal and external adversaries and indicators of compromise
- Partner with service providers to assess needs, implement products and services, and optimize and maintain high delivery standards
- Interface with managers to train on security goals and mitigations relative to their priorities
- Lead, manage, and monitor security tools, including firewalls, intrusion detection/prevention systems, SIEM solutions, and endpoint security platforms.
- Owns the process around security reviews of third-party vendors and contractors to ensure compliance with security requirements and industry best practices.
- Partner with Legal, coordinate e-discovery data collection activities as well as complete data destruction requests
- Evaluate and provide suggestions to improve existing programs, practices, and technologies to align with the company’s risk appetite and ensure regulatory compliance
- Apply concepts and processes from industry security frameworks, such as CIS 20 Security Controls, NIST CSF, ISO 27001, GDPR and CCPA and PCI DSS
- Audit technology user compliance towards Firm acceptable use standards
- 10+ years of Cybersecurity, Information Technology, IT network or other related IT experience
- Experience with SEM or other cybersecurity tools and services is required
- Experience with Microsoft Azure, Microsoft 365 and Azure Information Protection or other cloud tools
- Experience with cyber security operations, including daily monitoring and response to alerts and issues
- Experience with tools used in penetration testing, security event analysis, incident response, computer forensics, malware analysis or other areas of security operations
- Experience in drafting security policies and guidelines or security programs
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology, cybersecurity, or engineering
Amyris is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices.
The pay range for this role is $118,500 to $186,500. Salary offers are made based on internal equity and market analysis, and will vary based on the candidate’s skills, depth of experience and specific work location.
Amyris is committed to providing a diverse array of inclusive benefits and perks to support employees and their families’ wellbeing including access to robust healthcare, mental wellness benefits, family leave, discounted fitness memberships, generous product discounts, flexible paid time off, 17 US paid holidays, 10 paid sick days, and additional paid time off including 3 volunteer days, and bereavement.
We hold deep regard in the power of representation and cultivation of a diverse work environment. Join us at Amyris, where you can find a sense of belonging and know that your voice is centered.
At Amyris, we believe that diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging (DEIB) is essential to our core values. We embrace and encourage an equity-minded work culture, knowing that it is the driving force of innovation that positively impacts our employees, consumers, and communities. For Amyris, a sense of belonging is what drives our mission forward and is the foundation of everything we do, ensuring a healthier, more sustainable future for us all. Make Good, No Compromise.
Amyris (Nasdaq: AMRS) is a leading synthetic biotechnology company, transitioning the Clean Health & Beauty and Flavors & Fragrances markets to sustainable ingredients through fermentation and the company's proprietary Lab-to-Market™ technology platform. This Amyris platform leverages state-of-the-art machine learning, robotics and artificial intelligence, enabling the company to rapidly bring new innovation to market at commercial scale. Amyris ingredients are included in over 20,000 products from the world's top brands, reaching more than 300 million consumers. For more information, please visit http://www.amyris.com.
Amyris, the Amyris logo, No Compromise, Biossance, JVN, Pipette, Purecane, Rose Inc. and Lab-to-Market, Terasana are trademarks or registered trademarks of Amyris, Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.
Under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”), Amyris is required to inform California residents who are our job applicants (“Applicants”) about the personal information we collect about you when you apply to a job on this site.
As an Applicant, you have the right to know and understand the categories of personal information we collect about you, and the purposes for which the categories of personal information shall be used, pursuant to the CCPA.
By clicking the “APPLY FOR THIS JOB” button below and submitting your job application, you agree you have reviewed the complete Privacy Notice for Employees, Independent Contractors and Job Applicants.
If you have any questions regarding this information, please contact Amyris at email@example.com
As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, Amyris is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Amyris complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
If you are a recruiter or placement agency, please do not submit resumes to any person or email address at Amyris, Inc. prior to having a signed agreement. Amyris is not liable for and will not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved recruitment partners. Furthermore, any resumes sent to us without an agreement in place will be considered your company’s gift to Amyris and may be forwarded to our recruiters for their attention.