Sales & Education Manager (3747) - LA/ OC
Jonathan Van Ness Hair – JVN Sales /
At Amyris, we value that everyone’s career journey is unique and authentic to who they are. If this role excites you, we encourage you to apply and grow alongside us! You may be just the right candidate for this or other open roles.
The role of the JVN Hair Field Sales and Education manager will launch and lead the JVN Hair brand at Sephora and other retail partners as JVN Hair expands within a larger geographic location across the US and Canadian regions.
Serves as a key liaison between the JVN Hair Brand and our retail partners to positively build strong relationships with each store and maximize brand awareness with all Beauty Advisors and Management in each store.
- Analyze sales reports and effectively track results to determine strategies for driving additional sales.
- Strong retail negotiation skills to secure best space and location within each retail door.
- Responsible for ensuring all merchandising guidelines are properly executed in all stores.
- Communicate to leadership team timely and effectively on sales, events, trainings, inventory needs and visual merchandising.
- Establish and develop a strong relationship at store level with Sephora BAs, Store Leadership, District Managers and Regional Directors.
- Conduct training seminars in both small and large capacities (In person and Virtual).
- Ability to plan and execute minor and major special events, in retail and PR environments.
- Hire, lead and develop freelance support teams within the region for store support and events.
- Partner with Global Education and Creative team for potential camera demonstrations for product videos.
- Cycled monthly store visits in retail doors, conducting business review with store leadership inventory levels, sales rankings, productivity, and brand support as needed.
- Effective and timely management of T&E and budget.
- Maintain and update all scheduling calendars.
- Minimum of 5 years Sales / Education in the Beauty / Hair industry.
- Licensed in Hair a plus.
- Sephora experience a plus.
- Strong presentation skills on hair product and styling, with ability to create and execute brands messaging on clean hair products.
- Passion for sales by example and working side by side with store teams.
- Goal Oriented with Strong Sales skills to achieve retail sales revenue and growth.
- Self-managed, result oriented, creative thinker.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Strong written and oral skills.
- Proficient in Basic Word, Excel, PPT and Microsoft Teams.
- Ability to travel 20-50% of time based on Territory.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to include weekends, evenings, and some holidays.
- Reliable transportation.
Amyris is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices.
The annual pay range for this role is $77,000 to $117,000. Salary offers are made based on internal equity and market analysis, and will vary based on the candidate’s skills, depth of experience and specific work location. This role is also eligible for incentive pay.
Amyris is committed to providing a diverse array of inclusive benefits and perks to support employees and their families’ wellbeing including access to robust healthcare, mental wellness benefits, family leave, discounted fitness memberships, education reimbursement, generous product discounts, flexible paid time off, 17 paid holidays, 10 paid sick days, and additional paid time off including 3 volunteer days, and bereavement. Sabbaticals are available after 5 years of continuous employment with Amyris.
We hold deep regard in the power of representation and cultivation of a diverse work environment. Join us at Amyris, where you can find a sense of belonging and know that your voice is centered.
At Amyris, we believe that diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging (DEIB) is essential to our core values. We embrace and encourage an equity-minded work culture, knowing that it is the driving force of innovation that positively impacts our employees, consumers, and communities. And for Amyris, a sense of belonging is what drives our mission forward and is the foundation of everything we do, ensuring a healthier, more sustainable future for us all. Make Good, No Compromise.
Amyris (Nasdaq: AMRS) is a leading synthetic biotechnology company, transitioning the Clean Health & Beauty and Flavors & Fragrances markets to sustainable ingredients through fermentation and the company's proprietary Lab-to-Market™ technology platform. This Amyris platform leverages state-of-the-art machine learning, robotics and artificial intelligence, enabling the company to rapidly bring new innovation to market at commercial scale. Amyris ingredients are included in over 20,000 products from the world's top brands, reaching more than 300 million consumers. Amyris also owns and operates a family of consumer brands that is constantly evolving to meet the growing demand for sustainable, effective and accessible products. For more information, please visit http://www.amyris.com.
Amyris, the Amyris logo, No Compromise, Biossance, JVN, Pipette, Purecane, Rose Inc. and Lab-to-Market, Terasana are trademarks or registered trademarks of Amyris, Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.
Under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”), Amyris is required to inform California residents who are our job applicants (“Applicants”) about the personal information we collect about you when you apply to a job on this site.
As an Applicant, you have the right to know and understand the categories of personal information we collect about you, and the purposes for which the categories of personal information shall be used, pursuant to the CCPA.
By clicking the “APPLY FOR THIS JOB” button below and submitting your job application, you agree you have reviewed the complete Privacy Notice for Employees, Independent Contractors and Job Applicants.
If you have any questions regarding this information, please contact Amyris at email@example.com
As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, Amyris is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Amyris complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
If you are a recruiter or placement agency, please do not submit resumes to any person or email address at Amyris, Inc. prior to having a signed agreement. Amyris is not liable for and will not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved recruitment partners. Furthermore, any resumes sent to us without an agreement in place will be considered your company’s gift to Amyris and may be forwarded to our recruiters for their attention.