Senior Administrative Assistant, Office of Chief Executive Officer (3675)
US-Emeryville, CA /
Executive – Executive Office /
At Amyris, we value that everyone’s career journey is unique and authentic to who they are. If this role excites you, we encourage you to apply and grow alongside us! You may be just the right candidate for this or other open roles.
The Senior Administrative Assistant, reporting to the Sr. Executive Assistant will support the office of the CEO. The individual in this role will need to be a skilled problem-solver and an organizational force handling complex calendaring, expenses, and travel planning in a fast-paced environment. In this role you will assume a wide range of responsibilities, all of which will require integrity, innovation, and teamwork. This person will provide support for day-to-day duties within the office of the CEO and support senior leaders as needed.
- Provide administrative support to the Sr. Executive Assistant and CEO.
- Prepare and submit expense reports ensuring compliance with expense rules.
- Organize travel arrangements including researching venues, managing accommodations, transportation and addressing other logistical requirements.
- Handle time sensitive issues with a high degree of confidentiality, precision, and attention to detail.
- Provide coverage for the CEO when the Sr. Executive Assistant is unavailable.
- Onsite and virtual event support for Town Halls, Q&As and board meetings hosted by the Office of the CEO.
- Assist in program development, planning group off-sites, team events and special projects as assigned by Sr. Executive Assistant.
- Providing back up support for other EAs, occasional calendar management for various senior leaders and providing onsite support for large team meetings across the Executive team the team as needed.
- Work independently with an elevated level of autonomy and collaboratively, as well as managing multiple priorities.
- Calendar, travel and expense support for 1 other Executive, approximate 25% of time.
- 3+ years of experience providing administrative support.
- Personal vehicle to complete tasks outside of the office as needed.
- Hybrid role, working in the office approximately 75% of the time.
- Occasional overtime for event support.
- Self-motivated, seeks out to help fill the gap when you see an opportunity.
- Ability to be flexible and thrive in a very fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
- Sense of urgency and efficiency in completing work.
- Ability to think ahead and anticipate events, prioritizing work accordingly.
- Skilled at working effectively with cross functional teams in a matrix organization.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and SharePoint.
Amyris is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices.
The annual pay range for this role is $81,500 to $113,500. Salary offers are made based on internal equity and market analysis, and will vary based on the candidate’s skills, depth of experience and specific work location.
Amyris is committed to providing a diverse array of inclusive benefits and perks to support employees and their families’ wellbeing including access to robust healthcare, mental wellness benefits, family leave, discounted fitness memberships, education reimbursement, generous product discounts, flexible paid time off, 17 paid holidays, 10 paid sick days, and additional paid time off including 3 volunteer days, and bereavement. Sabbaticals are available after 5 years of continuous employment with Amyris.
We hold deep regard in the power of representation and cultivation of a diverse work environment. Join us at Amyris, where you can find a sense of belonging and know that your voice is centered.
At Amyris, we believe that diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging (DEIB) is essential to our core values. We embrace and encourage an equity-minded work culture, knowing that it is the driving force of innovation that positively impacts our employees, consumers, and communities. And for Amyris, a sense of belonging is what drives our mission forward and is the foundation of everything we do, ensuring a healthier, more sustainable future for us all. Make Good, No Compromise.
Amyris (Nasdaq: AMRS) is a leading synthetic biotechnology company, transitioning the Clean Health & Beauty and Flavors & Fragrances markets to sustainable ingredients through fermentation and the company's proprietary Lab-to-Market™ technology platform. This Amyris platform leverages state-of-the-art machine learning, robotics and artificial intelligence, enabling the company to rapidly bring new innovation to market at commercial scale. Amyris ingredients are included in over 20,000 products from the world's top brands, reaching more than 300 million consumers. Amyris also owns and operates a family of consumer brands that is constantly evolving to meet the growing demand for sustainable, effective and accessible products. For more information, please visit http://www.amyris.com.
Amyris, the Amyris logo, No Compromise, Biossance, JVN, Pipette, Purecane, Rose Inc. and Lab-to-Market, Terasana are trademarks or registered trademarks of Amyris, Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.
Under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”), Amyris is required to inform California residents who are our job applicants (“Applicants”) about the personal information we collect about you when you apply to a job on this site.
As an Applicant, you have the right to know and understand the categories of personal information we collect about you, and the purposes for which the categories of personal information shall be used, pursuant to the CCPA.
By clicking the “APPLY FOR THIS JOB” button below and submitting your job application, you agree you have reviewed the complete Privacy Notice for Employees, Independent Contractors and Job Applicants.
If you have any questions regarding this information, please contact Amyris at firstname.lastname@example.org
As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, Amyris is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Amyris complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
If you are a recruiter or placement agency, please do not submit resumes to any person or email address at Amyris, Inc. prior to having a signed agreement. Amyris is not liable for and will not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved recruitment partners. Furthermore, any resumes sent to us without an agreement in place will be considered your company’s gift to Amyris and may be forwarded to our recruiters for their attention.